• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow Wheeling Saturday December 31 2022

what trail do we run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Did someone say snow? I present you with ... our driveway. 🤣

Am I qualified to join this run if I kinda purposefully tried to get stuck and then winched myself out? Haha

Attachments

• 20221229_145529.jpg
    20221229_145529.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Did someone say snow? I present you with ... our driveway. 🤣

Am I qualified to join this run if I kinda purposefully tried to get stuck and then winched myself out? Haha
Rebelle rally participants are always welcome on any run but especially if I set it up!:headbang:

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
cool! now i can finally get you your XLOCK!
I'm going to have to pull out of the run. My granddaughter had surgery and the recovery is pretty tough. My wife and I are going to give the kids a break from being full time caregivers. I will be at the meeting next week though. Based on the snow we have in castle rock I'm sure you'll have a good time on the trials.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm going to have to pull out of the run. My granddaughter had surgery and the recovery is pretty tough. My wife and I are going to give the kids a break from being full time caregivers. I will be at the meeting next week though. Based on the snow we have in castle rock I'm sure you'll have a good time on the trials.
No worries. Hope everything is ok and we all send our best wishes to your family

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just talked to a friend who lives out that way and there *might be 4-6" of snow out on the trail.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok I just Googled and I am a strong maybe. This is like 2hrs from my house. I need to convince myself that I want to drive that far.
You know you do.😉It's about that far us too. We are driving with an auto locker so we will be leaving early and driving slow. Not that we set any speed records with the 80 anyways.😁

Camo80

Rising Sun Member
🐧🐧🐧Let's go snow wheeling! 🐧🐧🐧

Saturday December 31, 2022 (day of new years eve)

Where: rainbow falls
When:
meet at trailhead 9am https://goo.gl/maps/m4xZQSc6EnkRWzsb8
drivers meeting, air down and roll out 930-10am
What to bring:
your well-equipped rig, warm clothes, extra clothes, boots, gloves, good recovery gear, traction boards or shovel, tire chains, water, hot cocoa or coffee, snacks, any other additional items needed for a potential long day in the snow
What not to bring: improper tires, impatience, unpreparedness, snow wheeling can be grueling even if well prepared (ie: lots of recoveries, physical effort, higher chance of breakage/body damage, potential for long day) and can be more than unpleasant if you are inexperienced and unprepared. Not trying to exclude newbies but if you if have no experience with snowy trails, minimal gear and knowledge of recovery and recovery points, the upcoming 2023 Annual Rising Sun Snow Run might be the better option for you:)
Comms: GMRS channel 20

Capping this one at 10ish trucks
1. @DomOfTheDead
2. @On the RX
3. @Johnny Utah
4. @justin4045
5. @Trail Bum
6. @Notyourmomslx450
7. @Oh_shift

Maybe
@sunshine_and_jack
@KC Masterpiece
@r.swany
@FireMike
@AimCOTaco
@TheHoneyBadger
@Inukshuk
Maybe - just reading this now. I’ll dee what I can get accomplished between today/tonight

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Well, I stand corrected. Despite the weather channel app saying we were going to be warm and dry all week… we just got 7” and it’s still falling in Pine.

Seems like this storm surprised everyone. We got 6"-7" in Littleton. Wasn't able to clear it all out yesterday and holy crap was it a pain getting the rest of the job today trying to get the sidewalk so I assume I don't get a ticket. Didn't help that the plows half buried my roommates parked on the street either....not that they have much choice.

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
OK ok, since you're so nice I'll be there. 😊 Need to train anyway, might as well not do it alone like I did yesterday, haha.
You know you do.😉It's about that far us too. We are driving with an auto locker so we will be leaving early and driving slow. Not that we set any speed records with the 80 anyways.😁

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Alright peeps! I am not going to bother with updating the roster as some are in, some are out. If you can, you can, if not, no worries, just try and let someone know if you will be late. Meet up at the location in the first post, 9-930 and we will tentatively plan on rolling out at 10 after a quick drivers meeting unless we are waiting on multiple late parties. Be there or be square! :pirate:🤘☢️

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Well since it's snowing up here and I'm a verified weenie, I'm not going to make it. I70 is not my favorite in the snow and CO Trip says half my way down is icy. And I can't guarantee I'd make it in time anyway.

Bonus: we have fresh snow up here. Our place in Dumont has about an inch but I'm sure there's more at higher elevation.

Thank you for riding my roller coaster with me. 🤣

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I'm unfortunately out as well. Did a pre flight check on the 80 this morning and noticed the battery was in a funky spot. Facotry tie down finally ripped the box....

Wheeling with a bouncing battery is not a recipe for success. I'll get it fixed before the official snow run.