• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow and Pizza Run Sun. Jan. 27, 2019 Yankee Hill

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Date: Sunday Jan 27th, 2019
Meeting Time: 8:30-9:00 am - Leave at 9:30

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City. Go due west out of Central City up the hill about a one mile. At the top of the hill
west of Central City at the multi fork in the road. Continue on the middle road west 1/2 mile and look for the new Yankee Hill trailhead on the right. Vehicles with trailers can park there.
39°48'43.9"N 105°32'26.1"W (39.812190, -105.540586)

After the run we will meet at Beau Jo's for pizza in Idaho Springs around 4-5 pm.

CB Channel 4 - Ham 146460
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place. Most elect to not use chains.

Difficulty - this run is open to everyone. The only requirement is to have hard points front and rear for strapping purposes and of course a strap ready to go. A shovel and additional recovery gear is highly recommended.

Be prepared to stay warm and dry with winter clothing and boots. It can be really cold and windy up there.

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yankee Hill?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
The new preferred staging area for 4x4 travel is 1/2 mile up the road on the right. It is created specifically for use like ours. Its where we aired up last winter:

The former area, which we used for years, and now surrounded by wood fences and unlocked gates, remains of undertemined ownership, and is likely public lands. To reduce user conflicts, the new area was created.

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Be there for sure.

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Love this run! I'll be there!

Got a friend who drives a heep and wants to join though
EDIT:
The jeep needs work done so she's out.
Got a friend in town that wants to ride along with me.

Last edited:

KingsYota

Brand New
Date: Sunday Jan 27th, 2019
Meeting Time: 8:30-9:00 am - Leave at 9:30

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City. Go due west out of Central City up the hill about a half mile. At the top of the hill there is a parking lot in a fenced in area that we will meet at. After the run we will meet at Beau Jo's for pizza in Idaho Springs around 4-5 pm.

CB Channel 4 - Ham 146460
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place. Most elect to not use chains.

Difficulty - this run is open to everyone. You just may not get as far as some. The only requirement is to have hard points front and rear for strapping purposes and of course a strap ready to go. A shovel and additional recovery gear is recommended.

Be prepared to stay warm and dry with winter clothing and boots. It can be really cold and windy up there.

Oh Boy! Can't wait!

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I will make it with Ann.

Last edited:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Daniel is correct that 1/2 mile up the road on the right should be our new meeting place. I'll update the main post.

The new preferred staging area for 4x4 travel is 1/2 mile up the road on the right. It is created specifically for use like ours. Its where we aired up last winter:

The former area, which we used for years, and now surrounded by wood fences and unlocked gates, remains of undertemined ownership, and is likely public lands. To reduce user conflicts, the new area was created.

I am a for sure.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm in.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I will try my best to be there. (y)

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess I can't make it.

Last edited:

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I'm planning on attending this one again this year. The wife will be coming along to.