• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Snow and Pizza Run Sat. Feb. 5th 2022

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Date: Sat. Feb, 5th 2021
Meeting Time: 8:30-9:00 am - Leave at 9:30

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City. Go due west out of Central City up the hill about a one mile. At the top of the hill
west of Central City at the multi fork in the road. Continue on the middle road west 1/2 mile and look for the new Yankee Hill trailhead on the right. Vehicles with trailers can park there.
39°48'43.9"N 105°32'26.1"W (39.812190, -105.540586)

FRS Channel 22- Ham - 146430 - The club is dropping CB as a communication method. I will have my CB on Channel 4 for the last time. Hopefully it won't be needed.

We will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place.

We will meet for pizza after the run around 5pm at Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs.

Difficulty - this run is open to everyone. The only requirement is to have hard points front and rear for strapping purposes and of course a strap ready to go. A shovel and additional recovery gear is highly recommended. As was mentions have a good radio is key on this run for many reasons.

Looks like there will some fresh snow.

Be prepared to stay warm and dry with winter clothing and boots. It will be cold.

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm a big maybe.

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Yeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!

ry303

Wincher
Awesome! I'll be there! Now I just have to get tire chains so I don't slide all the way back down like last year!!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
@Yarn Runner and I are in, not sure yet what truck we are bringing, the taco or the avocado. Thanks Scott for leading!

Last edited:

Oneops

80’s down. I might be in with my Super duty.

Old Man Greybeard

Rock Stacker
Put us down as maybe...Def interested just need to see what RL throws at us by then

Erik & Michelle

vabluefish

New-ish
Edit: I'm in. Coming from Co Springs.
Maybe for me. Just got new chains I want to try out.

For comms, is it either, or must have both?

Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Yeeeessss!!!

:beer::beer:

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I missed this one last year as I was scrambling to get up to speed for CM.
I'm in if there's room.

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Love this run! See you there!

TacoDane

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for leading again Scott. Looking forward to it. This was my first run with the club, good times!

rocdoc

Wincher
Date: Sat. Feb, 5th 2021
Meeting Time: 8:30-9:00 am - Leave at 9:30

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City. Go due west out of Central City up the hill about a one mile. At the top of the hill
west of Central City at the multi fork in the road. Continue on the middle road west 1/2 mile and look for the new Yankee Hill trailhead on the right. Vehicles with trailers can park there.
39°48'43.9"N 105°32'26.1"W (39.812190, -105.540586)

CB Channel 4 - Ham - 146430
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place.

Difficulty - this run is open to everyone. The only requirement is to have hard points front and rear for strapping purposes and of course a strap ready to go. A shovel and additional recovery gear is highly recommended. As was mentions have a good radio is key on this run for many reasons.

Hopefully we will have snow up there by then and it won't be too icy. I'm open to changing the venue if needed. But, Yankee Hill is best with a large group in the winter.

Be prepared to stay warm and dry with winter clothing and boots.

I'll be there!

Burt88

Trail Ready
I can probably make this run. Though I'm not much of a snow wheeler.