• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Rising Sun Rally Run- Chinaman Gulch August 9

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Date: August 9, 2009
Meeting Time: 9:00am and depart at 9:30
Meeting Location: Gunsmoke Truck Stop in Johnson Village Hwy.285

This trail is rated difficult by the Wells guide book, the rockiest part of the trail is within the first half mile. Chinaman Gulch is narrow and sandy with isolated rock obstacles. The trail is better suited for modified vehicles with lockers and skid plates.The trail is 7.3 miles long and can be ran in 3 or 4 hours but spending all day on the trail is not uncommon due to breakage or traffic. Please bring plenty of food,water and personal gear as we are in the Colorado high country and weather changes quickly.We will run ham frequency 146.460 and cb channel 4, I will also monitor the Colorado Connection repeater system before we hit the trail head.
Please post up if your in or have any questions :thumb:

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Just did it last weekend, loved it, count us in. Some of the bigger obstacles that don't have bypasses like the waterfall have gotten pretty dug out at the base. I would suggest a minimum of 33's and rear locker to be safe.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I'm in.

Robbie should have my Front ARB and 4.56 gears installed by then. I just had Oleg replace my steering rack, tie rods, ball joints and a-arm bushings in the front. Plus, I am installed the shorter Tokico front shocks to limit droop and prevent breakage with the front locker - so hopefully it will be a successful break in run for me.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
I'm in.

Robbie should have my Front ARB and 4.56 gears installed by then. I just had Oleg replace my steering rack, tie rods, ball joints and a-arm bushings in the front. Plus, I am installed the shorter Tokico front shocks to limit droop and prevent breakage with the front locker - so hopefully it will be a successful break in run for me.

Good. You should be ready for whales tail then! Front locker is where its at for that obstacle.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Crossing my fingers that the truck will be ready to roll by then. If so, I'd love to go.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
You're correct I could actually tackle the left line on whale rock for once. But, probable not on this break in run.

I'm in.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
WE ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't done crap since CM09 so we are there. Would love to camp but not sure yet. Randy you guys thinking of camping up there again?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'm in

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
WE ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't done crap since CM09 so we are there. Would love to camp but not sure yet. Randy you guys thinking of camping up there again?

We hadn't planned on camping since we would have to go to the rally Saturday then leave in the afternoon to get to BV to spend Sat evening there. From our house it takes 2.5 hours to get to the parking area towing the trailer so we usually just leave about 7 am and come home the same evening.

bigbluefj

Honorary Canuck Member
hey can i come a long on this run i'm a good winch monkey or tcase shift lever holder guy..

Kevin

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Timing does not work for me on this run....hopefully there will be another Chinaman run set up this summer since I want to take the 40 down there.

You guys have a blast.......:)

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
hey can i come a long on this run i'm a good winch monkey or tcase shift lever holder guy..

Kevin

I may have an open seat...I'll let you know for sure as we get closer.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
I have a back seat that is open

isotel

100_1342.jpg

anyone recognize this Spot? we where there this weekend, and that Pointy rock got taken out.. Used to be the fun Technical Wall Ride that would Grab your Rear diff if you didint do it right.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Ah...That sucks!!! Dang it.

Looks like someone got the rock with a big tire and pushed it over, or else they did it with shovels and the like....Bummer.

wesintl

RS Moderator
That thing candy cane'd alot of driveshafts.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
That really sucks, if it is to hard for you to do then don't do it. Don't take rhe fun out of it for orhers......that really sucks. Sorry but that is how I feel.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Sure, I have room in my rig and there will be plenty of other open seats too.