Official Club Run Rising Sun annual snow run Yankee hill 1/13/2024

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I am just starting to check this group out. I'm pretty new to off-roading. If this run is ok for Newbies I'd like to join group B.

My rig is a 2019 4runner with rock sliders, winch, 3" lift, K2's
RB23
Ohh yeah that rig will do great especially if you have a locker you might actually be able to get past the rock garden part (sliders definitely help in that area too). Great trail and group to push yourself a little bit with your rig.

RB23

Brand New
Ohh yeah that rig will do great especially if you have a locker you might actually be able to get past the rock garden part (sliders definitely help in that area too). Great trail and group to push yourself a little bit with your rig.
Awesome, put me down for group B then, thank you.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I am just starting to check this group out. I'm pretty new to off-roading. If this run is ok for Newbies I'd like to join group B.

My rig is a 2019 4runner with rock sliders, winch, 3" lift, K2's
RB23
Glad to have you aboard! This event is a great run for beginners to help develop snow wheeling skills. You will be surrounded by friendly people of all skill levels to help with advice and recoveries.

Your truck is more than capable for this trail but fundamentally, a vehicle is only as capable as the drivers ability, so we want to help build that driver confidence to go places😁

Let's go snow wheeling!

levi

Rising Sun Member
Count me as a maybe, lol — Want to go, unclear if I’m helping a kid move that day. Good with A or B / where-ever there’s room.

WildCrustacean

Wincher
I'm interested in this run, group B works for me. Also new to this kind of driving, so probably will need some help and advice.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Y'all all just want group B so you don't have to wake up as early, don'tcha? Pfft.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
was thinking the later group would be better just to get the full effect/benefit of all that ski traffic has to offer!
Damnit, thanks for reminding me of ski traffic ><

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Insky.

Group A but most likely riding along to get pics:cool:.

:beer::beer:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I will have to miss this one. I haven't missed a snow run in forever.

Missed the Xmass party because I was visiting my daughter in Madrid Spain. She is studying there this semester. Then I will need to move her into her place the day of the snow run at CSU. Have fun!

levi

Rising Sun Member
Count me as a maybe, lol — Want to go, unclear if I’m helping a kid move that day. Good with A or B / where-ever there’s room.
Change my maybe to confirmed! Move duties will be the following weekend. I’ll plan to be in group A—if that is getting full, I can hold at the meetup spot for group B.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Update: my participation is now contingent on finishing this transfer case rebuild project I’ve got going on. I really wanted to get it done before Xmas, but it’s not happening. I’ll be cranking away on it start the day after Xmas though.

cooziecup

New-ish
:welcome:
To the annual Rising Sun official snow run!
This is the first official event for 2024!

where: Yankee hill near Black Hawk, CO
when: Saturday, January 13 2024
meet up here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/nuxKDqERDSYTx23W8
gmrs channel 20
cb channel 4

let's split up into 2 groups to ease down trail congestion. meet up at same location.
please post up what group you will join with
Group A 8am meet up / 830am departure
15-20 trucks for Group A
@On the RX @DomOfTheDead @bh4rnnr
@SaintAgatha / @DanS
@CGerdo @rushthezeppelin
@MonPetiteShoe @egarda11
@mikedrom

Group B
930am meet up/10am departure

@WVU fan
@Cruisertrash
@Oh_shift
@ripeart
@Jazzmaster11
@gearhead1
@RB23
@levicook
@WildCrustacean
@stusic
@Eyepain
@that'swhatshesaid

Strong possibility I can make either group that day. Group A preferred.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Update: my participation is now contingent on finishing this transfer case rebuild project I’ve got going on. I really wanted to get it done before Xmas, but it’s not happening. I’ll be cranking away on it start the day after Xmas though.
holla if you need any assistance!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I can also offer assistance this upcoming week. I'd be curious to tear into a 60 t-case.
I'm good with a hammer and tell bad jokes.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@DomOfTheDead @MonPetiteShoe thanks guys! I’ll let you know if I need a hand - maybe on stab day.

I have a spare t-case all torn down and cleaned, a full rebuild kit plus fresh OEM hardware and brand new output flanges on hand, a spare H42 to build the case onto, a clutch kit, a spare resurfaced flywheel, a rear main seal, a brand new oil pan and gasket. Gonna do it all while I’m in there.

So really the next steps are assembling the output shaft, building the t-case guts onto the H42, and then it’s time to start tearing junk out of my truck and swapping the new stuff in.