• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Post Thanksgiving day Run 11/23-Old Chinaman Gulch

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I couldn't make it up this in Oct. on account of my gas tank skid hagnin me up. I look forward to tring my new middle skid ramp that Jeff Zepp helped me fab up (he did most of the work). We cut a piece of C channel down and welded it on.

Attachments

• 163-6303_IMG (Small).JPG
    163-6303_IMG (Small).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 163-6328_IMG (Small).JPG
    163-6328_IMG (Small).JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 164-6415_IMG (Small).JPG
    164-6415_IMG (Small).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 201

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I got yer 'mall art' right here, buddy...

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I never heard of Terry at CIM. do you have a link?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Scott,

I may be able to join you guys. Depending on wheter or not I am able to get a new tire and fix the front locker. The locker should not be to hard but then again I have said that before. The tire may be harder as they have to order it.

Looking at the pictures and video I don't think I have to have either to do the trip but it would be nice. Do we enter and return in the same area? I may trailer or tow the 4runner up there. Anyway let me know if it is still on or if you are planning on another trip instead.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Yep, there is parking for trailers. The road to that spot has gotten a bit rough this year from what I hear though. You can park in town though.

What's up with your locker?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Scott,

I may be able to join you guys. Depending on wheter or not I am able to get a new tire and fix the front locker. The locker should not be to hard but then again I have said that before. The tire may be harder as they have to order it.

Looking at the pictures and video I don't think I have to have either to do the trip but it would be nice. Do we enter and return in the same area? I may trailer or tow the 4runner up there. Anyway let me know if it is still on or if you are planning on another trip instead.

It's still on. We go in and return at the same trailhead. Bill is right, I suggest you could trailer off at the Gunsmoke because the road into the traihead has major ruts and could be nasty with a tow rig if wet. The meetng place at the Gunsmoke truck is not far from the tralhead. I just as soon see everyone make this the trailhed so we are ready to go.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Sorry Scott, I'm out. Don't want to have my shakedown run be a run like this. I'll get my poop in a group and hook up with you next time. Pizza Run maybe? Have fun!
:thumb:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Well that's too bad. But we understand with such a big modification to your rig. We will look for you at a snow run this winter then.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Bill,

I did not pay attention and tore the wiring of the E-locker part. Should be able to fix it if I have the time.

Scott, meeting in the parking area sounds good to me. I will let you know one way or another before Turkey Day. Hope to get a new tire before then.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Bill,

I did not pay attention and tore the wiring of the E-locker part. Should be able to fix it if I have the time.

Scott, meeting in the parking area sounds good to me. I will let you know one way or another before Turkey Day. Hope to get a new tire before then.

Get er' done. We hope to see you there. You will want your e-locker. I would flounder without mine. Wouldn't even want to do his trail without one.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Get er' done. We hope to see you there. You will want your e-locker. I would flounder without mine. Wouldn't even want to do his trail without one.

I have the rear it is the front that is out. Do I need the front too????????

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I have the rear it is the front that is out. Do I need the front too????????

A reasonably built rig can handle this trail without any lockers - you'll just be wary of some of the option stuff.

I wouldn't want to hit it without them - much more fun on the tougher lines, but no reason to stay home.

There is no such thing as a dual locker mandatory trail that won't be damage likely for any rig with a ton of sheetmetal and glass...OCG is a perfect trail to test what you have without a fear of real damage.

Supposed to be cold but no new snow...I'm planning on it :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Yep, it is looking better than the earlier weather rumors for sure!

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Good to hear, I have my locker motor out and it works but I need to rewire the plug. It was ripped of the motor itself and ORS was so nice to use all black wires when they wird the lockers for the PO. Now I am trying to locate a wring diagram for a 5 pin round plug. If I don't get it done I will still go but I would really want a new tire before I head up there.

I will also have to find my winter clothes, haven't even broken them out yet.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
weather.com says 36/15 Friday for BV, 12* here in town that morning. Wheelin's very much a warm weather activity for me, so I'm getting... cold feet. :D

Mark