• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Outlaws Run 2020: October 17-24th

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Sorry I should have posted up sooner but unfortunately I can't make this run, I decided to go to Moab during this time.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
We are no longer doing the "city slickers" portion of the run, for those out of the loop. Loosely speaking it sounds like a good long-haul bum around utah kind of trip.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey guys, I’m iffy for the Outlaws Run this year. I wanted to let you know so it wasn’t a surprise. It will be a last minute decision for me whether I can go... but it's not looking like the right thing for me to be doing this year.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Yeah man, we only live once.
i-wbLm8ZH.gif

Can't think of any other time when I've needed some social distancing time with the bros in the desert more than this year. I (we all) need some quality time in the cruiser tooling around, camping, drinking, shooting, exploring.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
I nominate shawn for range clean-up duty.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Bummer Jimmy!

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr

Hey guys, I’m iffy for the Outlaws Run this year. I wanted to let you know so it wasn’t a surprise. It will be a last minute decision for me whether I can go... but it's not looking like the right thing for me to be doing this year.

Hit that first camp, crack that first beer, and you'll know you made the right choice.

Cool, so like in years pat, Linn will call you a day or two before and well see you guys on the trail.

Yeah man, we only live once.
i-wbLm8ZH.gif

Can't think of any other time when I've needed some social distancing time with the bros in the desert more than this year. I (we all) need some quality time in the cruiser tooling around, camping, drinking, shooting, exploring.

Couldn't agree more!

Sego canyon is calling...

:cool:

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Sad to say, I'm out this year. Maybe next year.

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Perry, my work schedule just exploded for the week of the run. Sorry I won't be able to join you guys. Have a great time!

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Looks like a thread of bad news :(

I have been trying to work out a scheduling conflict to still be able to go, but it just does not look like that is going to happen.

bh4rnnr

Sad to say, I'm out this year. Maybe next year.

Perry, my work schedule just exploded for the week of the run. Sorry I won't be able to join you guys. Have a great time!

Looks like a thread of bad news :(

I have been trying to work out a scheduling conflict to still be able to go, but it just does not look like that is going to happen.

Sorry to hear this guys!!

Will miss having you along!

bh4rnnr

Current list of who is going:

@Stuckinthe80s
@fjffer
@dan1554
@CardinalFJ60
@Old40Dog
@DanielChase
@DaveInDenver ? Able to go?
@gungriffin ? Able to go?
@Doughboy

Will miss the rest of you guys that couldn't' make it!

Saturdays ( 10/17) rally point:

Sego Canyon, Utah. This is just North and out of Sego, Utah. If you look up Sego Canyon Rock Art on line, this the area we will be camping at.

I will be heading west from the cabin sometime Saturday if anyone cares to caravan.

Lets plan on RS2 ( 146.580) for Ham since we're still getting the Space Station traffic on 146.460.

:beer: :beer:

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Southern Utah weather looking very good for next week. Mid-upper 70's this weekend. 80 on Monday, then low to mid- 70s balance of the week. Wind under 12 mph with 0% of precipitation all week! :cool:

bh4rnnr

Gents,

Sad to let you all know that I'm out for this year. First time to miss an Outlaws Run ( first run was 2004).

A co worker has Covid - management just informed me today. Knowing that I've interacted with him daily, I'm staying home and getting tested just to be safe.

Majorly bummed out. Hope you all have a most fantastic time. Raise a pint and a 9mm for me.

We'll hit it hard next year.

Shawn, here is my current list of going and possible attendees:

@fjffer
@dan1554
@CardinalFJ60
@Old40Dog
@DanielChase
@DaveInDenver ? Able to go?
@gungriffin ? Able to go?
@Doughboy

Last edited:

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Bummer news perry. Excited to hang with everyone. Doughboy and I will be meeting up with everyone in circleville on Sunday.