• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Outlaws Run 2020: October 17-24th

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I’m in, should I be posting here or in the group message to give updates on horses, field trip to Dave’s place, etc.?
Can I be added to the Group message please?

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
I feel like I am missing something on the city slickers thing, but I am 97% in still. Will finalize and confirm by the end of the week.

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I feel like I am missing something on the city slickers thing, but I am 97% in still. Will finalize and confirm by the end of the week.
Here are two things I’ve posted up elsewhere, other than these two things you’re not missing any real info.

Hey guys I was visiting @Old40Dog the other day and I told him staying behind was unacceptable lol Hes got lots of work to do at the cabin but we determined that if a handful of us came down for a day or two we could put him AHEAD of schedule so he could attend Outlaws. So here’s where we’re at: we’re looking for 5-6 guys to get down there for 1-2 days for ditch diggin window installin fun.

Given that we’re playing in a smaller geographical sandbox due to pandemic restrictions, I proposed, during the Outlaws planning zoom call with core members, that we rent some horses and a guide and live like cowboys for the first couple days of Outlaws this year. This proposal received a lot of enthusiasm and so I’ve been working on the logistics and pricing...Perry set me up with a guy in Utah whose in the cattle business. He has horses and does these kind of trips for hunters and the like...I’ve been going back and forth with him. He wants to take us to Boulder Mountian or Thousand Lake Mountian for two nights on the front end of Outlaws this year. After which we get back in the trucks and head to Circleville and make our way to Telluride. We’re looking at a barebones trip where he provides horses for 12 guys give or take and he and one buddy will be along as guides. We spend two nights playing “City Slickers.” Shooting is ok around the horses as well as drinking. He will likely provide us with whatever alcohol/beer we want as he has commercial accounts. He could do meals for us but I’m thinking let’s do our own and keep costs down. I want to cook frank and beans over an open fire, shoot my colt frontier scout, sleep on an old school bedroll by the fire under the night sky and perhaps learn to lasso. I suppose we could arrange a scavenger hunt or something if you guys are into it. If there’s anything additional that you guys want to accomplish here let me know and I’ll see if I can make it happen. Stay tuned for pricing. I’ve made it plain to the dude that we’re cheap and not interested in catered meals or fancy amenities. We’re working together to build out the cheapest simplistic trip possible while still making it worth his time... Cheap is of course a relative term. You can’t get near horses without spending some coin but this guy is low key and way cheaper than any dude ranch style vacation outfit. If Perry hadn’t found him we wouldn’t even have a shot at anything remotely affordable...

Also note that Cowboy attire will be strictly encouraged...

Also

Last edited:

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
I see, I see said the blind man.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Unfortunately I will be dropping out as I have 2 hunts in October. But the trip sounds like I’ll be missing out.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I've already got my outfit:
image.jpeg

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

bh4rnnr

What usually happens on the Outlaws Run....

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
I am still in as well. Just watched City Slickers with the wife tonight.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'm out. Regrets.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I'm still in

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Hey, I'm out. It's just not lining up for me this Oct.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Should update the thread as plans have evolved and some folks are in and others out. Going to miss seeing you guys I haven't hung out with in awhile, Marco, Bruce, Jeff, etc.

Looking forward to it!

bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

Should update the thread as plans have evolved and some folks are in and others out. Going to miss seeing you guys I haven't hung out with in awhile, Marco, Bruce, Jeff, etc.

Looking forward to it!

Was working on it when you posted this...

Going:

@Stuckinthe80s
@PhatFJ
@IoN6
@MDH33
@fjffer
@Hulk
@dan1554
@CardinalFJ60
@Old40Dog
@DanielChase
@J1000
@2wheelbob
@DaveInDenver ? Able to go?
@Oh_shift ? Able to go?
@gungriffin ? Able to go?
@Doughboy

I think this list is right., though my order might be off. Sorry to not have posted much lately.
This week is my two year anniversary for Open Heart Surgery.
I gave up on a set number of attendees for this years run knowing all that's happened. If you can make it and up for some rowdy nights, please join. We'll make it work..

:beer::beer: