• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Outlaws Run 2007

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
The Group Grows! Welcome Brian. I have not studied the mileage yet but hope to over the next few days.

Hi Daniel!
I dont know if you remember me, But I met you at CM when Perry was talking to a few other people, I thought your name was "Mark of Sky" like some Native American name :hill:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Perry, You can write us in, In ink!
It will most likely be me and Maxwell, But the whole family may come along.
BTW we will be in the 80

Good to here Brian! I'll update the list. Looking forward to having you along with us:beer:

bh4rnnr

I would like to attend if there is space and if Kurt will let me tag along.
My son may ride with me

We would love to have you along! I will put you on the list. Looking to be more of a Wasatch Run than a Rising Sun run:eek::hill::beer:

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Perry, and idea on a Hanksville to Hanksville mileage?? Everyone is asking :D

If you've got a route selected, shoot me an email and I can come up with the mileage...

This is true! I need to see what I can come up with for extra gas :hill:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hi Daniel!
I dont know if you remember me, But I met you at CM when Perry was talking to a few other people, I thought your name was "Mark of Sky" like some Native American name :hill:

I do! I'll display my native powers in Utah!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Perry, and idea on a Hanksville to Hanksville mileage?? Everyone is asking :D

If you've got a route selected, shoot me an email and I can come up with the mileage...

I have been studying maps and its a challenge to determine mileage. When Perry and I have done the San Rafael Swell trip in the past we each brought two extra Jerry cans. That's also what we have discussed for this run. I own three cans but without a roof rack am not even sure how I would carry them yet. (going to try to borrow a rack or maybe Dan will be able to carry) I'll post some trails info by Friday. But, because part of what we do will be determined by all of us when we get there, another way is to just bring two extra cans each. How much extra gas *could* you bring?

bh4rnnr

It's looking to be about 200 miles of 4x4 roads and another 50-60 miles of dirt roads and pavement.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Two and a half days to departure! What's your Outlaw Name?

Today I got Tim Nakari's Con-Ferr Rack properly fitted to my roof. Thanks Tim! Now the grate is fully bolted down and I also adjusted the rack a bit higher so it won't hit my factory rack. I also used the bag of bolts you included to put larger diameter bolts into the feet - replacing the smaller nylock ones. I finished off all the bolt heads gloss black like the rest of the rack. Feet are still shiny metal just like you had them.

I also installed Tim's rear-speaker spacers. Very slick!

I also fixed my passenger rear window. It has not gone up and down for some time now - from either the driver's control panel or the door switch. Turns out the switch contacts were filthy and one had a bit of plastic wedged in it - I think it broke off from the rocker part of the switch. Fortunately the switch can be taken apart and cleaned.

Finally, I removed the rear seats. The rack took longer than expected so I never got to extending the cargo boxes to make a sleeping platform. Oh well! Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Would be nice to have.

I will be carrying:
--three jerry cans
--15 gallons of water for me, Perry and the dogs (anyone else bringing dogs?), plus we'll each have full camelbacks
--scrap lumber from local construction sites for firewood
--the "fermenter" (five gallon bucket with toilet seat (anyone else bringing a porta-potty - required in the desert) :thumb:
--an extra birf for an 80 :confused:
--tools
--oil filter and some oil but not enough for a full change
--work light
--stove and grill
--conagc :cheers:
--wine
--coleman electric fridge and a regular cooler
--small but powerful telescope
--stuff

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Dan -
Perry and I were thinking about leaving 5is Wednesday and camping near Junction, or seeing how far we get. When were you thinking of leaving? Any chance of a convoy?
Daniel

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Anything develop for NPLD on Saturday?

Perry is calling the BLM Henry Mountain Field Station (P.O. Box 99, Hanksville, Utah 84734. Telephone: (435) 542-3461) Monday and he and I are going to try to meet with someone there at 11AM on Thursday. We'll also get a street address. That may be a more fun place to meet than the gas station!

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Im working on ours tomorrow.
So Do Perry and the dogs drink from the same bowl?!?:eek:
I will be bringing 5 gal. of water, and all sorts of other drinks(thought about beer and the like) but mostly kid stuff, along with food that should be quick and easy for a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 6 and 4 :thumb:
Looking forward to a great "last" camping trip for the season.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Dan -
Perry and I were thinking about leaving 5is Wednesday and camping near Junction, or seeing how far we get. When were you thinking of leaving? Any chance of a convoy?
Daniel

I am going to have to bail out this year,I am having some transmission problems. Hope you guys have a great trip.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I am going to have to bail out this year,I am having some transmission problems. Hope you guys have a great trip.

Bummer. :(

bh4rnnr

Sorry to here that Dan, was looking forward to wheeling with you again. Next time:beer:

For the rest of the group, make sure to pack shovels etc.. Talked with the BLM today, they've had some percipitation in the past weeks. Sounds like the roads are a little rough.

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
They have had some serious precipitation in the last couple days :cool: Shovel packed :D

We will be leaving SLC ~ 8am Thursday morning. Are we still planning to meet at noon at the gas station? The BLM office actually has a nice park right next store. They moved a really neat mining operation (mill) from the Henry's to the BLM office and restored it. Richard Dyatt and I were just talking about it tonight, thinking we ought to drag everyone over there on our way out of town. Neat thing to check out for sure!

garyt

Got my Roof Top Tent mounted last night (hope I did it right) A little shakey going up and down the stairs.
Do we need to bring anything specific for Saturday (clean up day)?
Hope to leave TR am.