• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Outlaws Run 2007

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I'm intersted, is there anywhere to meet you on Thurday latenight, or AM Friday the 5th?

Farnham, the dates are September 27th-30th. I will look at the route and see were we will be camping. I'll pm you the info.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I am in unless work gets in the way:thumb:

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
So lets here it Perry... let the damn cat out of the bag :D We are almost a month away, I want to start researching the area we are heading to.

On that note, are you 'capping' the attendance? How many? There are a couple of SL local roamers that I would like to invite (they might be watching this thread already). Thanks dude! :cool:

bh4rnnr

So lets here it Perry... let the damn cat out of the bag :D We are almost a month away, I want to start researching the area we are heading to.

On that note, are you 'capping' the attendance? How many? There are a couple of SL local roamers that I would like to invite (they might be watching this thread already). Thanks dude! :cool:

Ok, so this years "Outlaws Run" will be into the Henry Mountains. They are located south of Hanksville Utah. They are the last mountains to be put on a map of the US, 1869 to be exact. I belive this is one of the last remote areas in the lower 48's(other than Dark Canyon). I do have a route planned, though i'm up for change when we see it. We might base camp, or we might not. Depends on how the group feels. There is one place I do want to check out off of Copper Ridge, sounds like a killer camp site:D
Kurt, I do not have this run "capped", sine we don't have to worry about Permits. This run is usually light in attendance, so please invite away:cheers: . Oh, and if you talk with Paul May, please let him know:beer: .

This run should be a lot of fun, as I think most everybody will be exploring something new

And yes, there was OUtlaw activity around the Henry's:) :beer:

bh4rnnr

I'm getting excited Perry!

Anything develop for NPLD on Saturday?

Yeah, I can't wait!

I called the blm, but the contact I have was on vacation and I have not heard back. The other person I talked with didn't know much. I will try her again this week.

bh4rnnr

Updated first post with a list of who's going, so I know who to look for at the meeting spot:beer:

bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

Getting closer:D :cool: . So who else is in for this years run. I'm excited to see what you guys think of what i'm bringing. Going to stop by Breckenridge Brewery to see if they have there fall brew yet, only fitting:) :cheers:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
1) Perry - can you post the proposed route so I can read the maps.

2) Anyone have an easy to install roof rack they can lend me so I can carry two jerry cans of gas on this run .... ?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+

2) Anyone have an easy to install roof rack they can lend me so I can carry two jerry cans of gas on this run .... ?

Christo does! ;) :lmao: :hill:

bh4rnnr

Dan, the plan is to enter the Henry Mountains via Town Wash, about 9miles west of Hanksville. That will put us on Bull Creek Pass rd. From there it's a decision of where we want to camp, theres a few areas if we go right on Bull Creek. Some of the other areas I hope to explore are Copper Ridge and Bromide Basin. We will Exit the Henry Mountains by way of Stevens Narrows on the western end of the mountains, this will put us out along the waterpocket fold of Capital Reef. From there it's a quik sprint north to 24 and back to Hanksville.

Peter Massey's book has a little info on the area. I have your maps of the area and will get them to you.

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
Perry, I need to dig my maps out and research some more too... But, do you know an estimated mileage from Hanksville - Hanksville? Need to let the guys know so they can plan for fuel, etc. I'm getting excited! :cool:

bh4rnnr

Perry, I need to dig my maps out and research some more too... But, do you know an estimated mileage from Hanksville - Hanksville? Need to let the guys know so they can plan for fuel, etc. I'm getting excited! :cool:

Kurt, I do not know the actuall miles. I will look at the maps tonight and try and figure out an estimate. Would recomend at least two jerry cans, if not more. Always better to be safe;):beer:

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Perry, You can write us in, In ink!
It will most likely be me and Maxwell, But the whole family may come along.
BTW we will be in the 80