One thru Ten in Moab

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
So do we get a cheap plastic lay and a stupid hat or something. Maybe some warm beer in a plastic cup. Or maybe a new locker for the front diff on the '62. Yah, that's the ticket.
________
FERRARI F1 640

Last edited:

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Is there a way for the club to find out how many more of us there are?

The Millers, Chris, me is great company. But who else?
________
Free Wordpress Themes

Last edited:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I remember being absolutely scared on the first one. Just spent $3500 on lift gears, arb's, tires, Marlin Crawler. And then everyone there says you can go anywhere. Suurre. Hell's revenge first trail. Came to Dump Bump and dropped my jaw. Everyone seemed to be taking air out of there tires so I guess this is a good idea. They did this wall so I tried it and crawled it the first time. Now there is very high heart rate and a woody. I'm in the right place. And most of all with the right people.

Made it through like a champ and most importantly no damage:thumb:

Hope to do the same as you did this year with the new 4Runner, we'll see.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+

Do you mean who else is going to CM? Well you get to look at my ugly mug for the week and I convinced my budy Jay to come along again too. he is great at taking pictures and spotting lines. May even let him drive some:blah: :blah: :blah: No really:rolleyes:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru

Do you mean who else is going to CM?

Tom,
I think he means how many people have made every "Official" Cruise Moab since 1998.

Maybe Jeff can help with this one? Mr. Secretary, are there any documents that might be around to put together an official list of all those who have registered for each Cruise Moab since the first?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Here are some(Lousy) scans of a couple photos from my first CM, CM '99.
Let me know if you know folks in the pictures.
First is of the dump bump

Second is the usual "you're not getting enough tyre on the right side" of hells gate

Third is overlooking hells gate

fourth is a '60 of mention

fifth is on steel bender?
Who do you recognize?

TTT....no-one else gonna play? I know there are others who can hit all 5 :thumb: :cheers:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

I'd guess Dave Brown. He's not on the forum much.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Suurre. Hell's revenge first trail. Came to Dump Bump. They did this wall so I tried it and crawled it the first time. Now there is very high heart rate. I'm in the right place. And most of all with the right people.

Hells revenge was the first trail I ever did out there too. Perry took me over to Dave Hartmans and the 3 of us went and ran Hells and a rental jeep followed. It was a good time and we were able to move right along.

I'm really glad that was my first trail in moab.:thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
TTT....no-one else gonna play? I know there are others who can hit all 5 :thumb: :cheers:

Come on folks! Kevin already gave his answers, but does no one else recognize anyone?

Matt you already mentioned someone who is in one of those pictures!

I guess, then, Kevin will be unchallenged for the grand prize of 10 burrito coupons to Chipotle!

wesintl

RS Moderator
I didn't look at kevins answers yet....

It looks like captain crunch ( I dunno who that really is... I just remember seeing pics in either trails or 4wd sport utility)

Cheeseman and I can't see who else.

A venezulan truck. :eek:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I didn't look at kevins answers yet....

It looks like captain crunch ( I dunno who that really is... I just remember seeing pics in either trails or 4wd sport utility)

Cheeseman and I can't see who else.

A venezulan truck. :eek:

The Venezuelan truck made it the year before too, he had a sweet set up. I remember watching him take some lines that most could not. I talked to him for a while and he had the rig build for Moab on purpose, he had read about Moab and wanted to see it all. I don't think there were to many obstacles that stopped him.

As for recognizing anyone else I can't help out, I barely remember the person in the mirror some days.:eek:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
1: Captain Crunch. I didn't see his rig until 2001, and it was much more "crunched" by then.

2: Nice looking 40 from Cali. No idea who it belongs to.

3: Cheeseman and _______.

4: I never met the Venezuelan guy, so I should not get points on this one.

5. That's Cracker's Bronco. He used to hang with Rob Meredith. I also see Mark Chaney (Shorty) in the picture.

One thing I noticed: No 80 series Cruisers!

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I remember being absolutely scared on the first one. Now there is very high heart rate and a woody. I'm in the right place. And most of all with the right people.

fixed it for ya! :eek:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Come on folks! Kevin already gave his answers, but does no one else recognize anyone?

Matt you already mentioned someone who is in one of those pictures!

I guess, then, Kevin will be unchallenged for the grand prize of 10 burrito coupons to Chipotle!

:woot: :woot: :clap: :guapo: :headbang: :tongue2: :drink: :bowdown: :kevin: :hill:

That was a set up as everyone in the pics are good buddies of mine with the exception of Cracker as I barely know him. A build up on Cracker though is he is one Hell of a driver! I have never ever to this day ever seen a cleaner line taken in climbing White Kuckle Hill!!!!!!!! Barely even slipped a tire and drove up like the cable was hooked up! Incredible!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
1: Captain Crunch. I didn't see his rig until 2001, and it was much more "crunched" by then.

2: Nice looking 40 from Cali. No idea who it belongs to.

3: Cheeseman and _______.

4: I never met the Venezuelan guy, so I should not get points on this one.

5. That's Cracker's Bronco. He used to hang with Rob Meredith. I also see Mark Chaney (Shorty) in the picture.

One thing I noticed: No 80 series Cruisers!

Hints:

1. Cap'n Crunch is Greg McNeil
2. Initials....GB
3. not positive on who is with Cheesehead...fist tought was Bruce Minney but second look I think not
4. Initials...AV
5. The one and only Cracker = Dave Pool?
Also in #5 is "Cuiser Rob" Meredith leading and The Yellow 40 is "Tweety Bird" Jim Reece, Jeff "Stonewall" Jackson in the red 40 and Bruce "Bruzter" Minney in the blue 40 with tow bar. The mini truck really looks familier too but no guess....

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Gary Bjork?

Funny how many of these guys aren't regulars anymore. I ran into Rob Meredith last summer. He's more into his Harley these days. Makes me wonder what you guys will be saying in 2012: "Yeah, that Matt Farr was pretty into his Cruisers until gas hit $7 a gallon. Then he sold them and got into carpentry."

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru

The spotter is none other than Dave Brown. Purple shirt and hat, pointing up.

wesintl

RS Moderator
The spotter is none other than Dave Brown. Purple shirt and hat, pointing up.

I should've gotten that crusier by the license plate :rolleyes:

Do you have more vintage pics nathanial :confused: :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I remember being absolutely scared on the first one. Just spent $3500 on lift gears, arb's, tires, Marlin Crawler. And then everyone there says you can go anywhere. Suurre. Hell's revenge first trail. Came to Dump Bump and dropped my jaw. Everyone seemed to be taking air out of there tires so I guess this is a good idea. They did this wall so I tried it and crawled it the first time. Now there is very high heart rate and a woody. I'm in the right place. And most of all with the right people.
Is that where you learned the phrase, "You'll be fine... You'll be JUST fine..."?

So do we get a cheap plastic lay and a stupid hat or something. Maybe some warm beer in a plastic cup. Or maybe a new locker for the front diff on the '62. Yah, that's the ticket.
I think we can get GreenMachine to make some kinda award, like the Ring of (Mis)fortune.

Maybe craft a walker out of old broken Cruiser parts. Yeah, that's the ticket. Birfield inner cages for the wheels.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Gary Bjork?

Funny how many of these guys aren't regulars anymore. I ran into Rob Meredith last summer. He's more into his Harley these days. Makes me wonder what you guys will be saying in 2012: "Yeah, that Matt Farr was pretty into his Cruisers until gas hit $7 a gallon. Then he sold them and got into carpentry."

The license plate should have been spotted. Gary is the only Night Light there will ever be!

:cheers: