One thru Ten in Moab

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Ladies and Gentleman, Always a loose term for both sometimes. My first thread.

Question- How many of us great cruiser/minitruck heads have been to all the Cruisemoab events like I have?

My guess is there aren't to many that have this distinction. Not that it would get you any free beer. But I'm curious and it would be fun to know.

Cheeseman
________
Free xxxmovies

Last edited:
My guess is there aren't to many that have this distinction. Not that it would get you any free beer. But I'm curious and it would be fun to know.

As long as the Shiner Bock keeps showing up, we ALL get free beer!
CM06 was my first. Before that, I attended Zukfari, which is, unfortunately, the same time as Easter Jeep Safari. I will never go to Moab again during EJS. Way too much testosterone and alcohol on the trail at that time, for my tastes.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Wow, good for you, Cheeseman! Compared to you I'm a Moab noob. You get free :beer: all week at my campsite. :bowdown:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I've been to nearly all the ones I've registered for and nearly all there for all the ones I've attended.

I'll take one each 1554 ale.

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Any beer is good beer except for that Light stuff. And thank god it is impossible to count all the beers over the years that Moab has helped us with.
________
HANDJOB VID

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hoping to waist gun on EH this year for ya. Old times' sake. My lovely bride will be joining us and you really make the trip, Cheese.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Wow, good for you, Cheeseman! Compared to you I'm a Moab noob. You get free :beer: all week at my campsite. :bowdown:

Holy moly, Nak, do you realize what you just said? There is only one liquor store in town and unless you bring a semi with a 40' trailer full of Leinies, you might be eating your words!!! :lmao:
:beer: :beer: to you, Cheeseman. :thumb:

wesintl

RS Moderator
only if he likes natty light... right Nakman :)

Congrats Cheesman!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
yup. Natties & MBL, baby.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I've been to five: 2001/2003/2004/2005/2006.
CM2007 will be my sixth.

I bet Sharkbait and RedFox have been to them all. What about Bruce & Barb?

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Cm X10

Bruce & Barbara have been to each and every one. 2007 will be # ten! We think Dave Brown and Dave & Robin Hartman might have made all ten, too.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I missed a few but was at both 1995 and 96 unofficial CM's! I missed '00 - 05' so I guess that puts me at 50% + 20% bonus! ;)

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Glad you brought this up Cheeseman! Something i'm looking into. Myself, have been to 5, 2007 will be my sixth. You remember my first...Hells Revenge, first time I meet ya:eek: :hill: :beer:

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
:wav: This year will be 10 for me! I was there when it was a gleam in Al Roth's eye, 12 years ago. :D

As long as the Shiner Bock keeps showing up, we ALL get free beer!

That reminds me, I've got to call the Shiner people. :p:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I missed a few but was at both 1995 and 96 unofficial CM's! I missed '00 - 05' so I guess that puts me at 50% + 20% bonus! ;)

Kevin, you were there in '01 (my first CM), wheeling with the Authority guys.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Ladies and Gentleman, Always a loose term for both sometimes. My first thread.

Question- How many of us great cruiser/minitruck heads have been to all the Cruisemoab events like I have?

Cheeseman

Cheesman, I still have a picture of you doing a wheel stand at the Wedgy I think. If I remember I will bring it to the meeting to show you.

Question now is, who still has T-shirts from the events? I still have two from '98. My '99 was retired to the garage this summer and one of the '98's is about there too.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Kevin, you were there in '01 (my first CM), wheeling with the Authority guys.

Time flies! I remember that. We ended up clearing out a whole hillside of rock some yeahoos caved into the waterfall of Upper Helldorado so they could drive out. We called Dan Mick for help and he brought in the calvary. We got every last rock moved out and then winched out like normal. Casey Meyer and I also did Proving Grounds that year. That was the last year I went up until last year. That makes it 7+2 then for me. Thanks for the memory jog Matt! Good times! :thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Fond memories of Cheeseman and Moabs past...

Here are some(Lousy) scans of a couple photos from my first CM, CM '99.
Let me know if you know folks in the pictures.
First is of the dump bump

Second is the usual "you're not getting enough tyre on the right side" of hells gate

Third is overlooking hells gate

fourth is a '60 of mention

fifth is on steel bender?
Who do you recognize?

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 186
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 194
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 184
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 185
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 590

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
I remember being absolutely scared on the first one. Just spent $3500 on lift gears, arb's, tires, Marlin Crawler. And then everyone there says you can go anywhere. Suurre. Hell's revenge first trail. Came to Dump Bump and dropped my jaw. Everyone seemed to be taking air out of there tires so I guess this is a good idea. They did this wall so I tried it and crawled it the first time. Now there is very high heart rate and a woody. I'm in the right place. And most of all with the right people.
________
Herbal vaporizer recipe

Last edited: