On trail skills and leader training with Bill Burke April 1-2 2023 Grand Junction, CO

gearhead1

Rising Sun Member
I can't believe I just got this. It was almost a 12-hour delay in me getting the message that the cancellation happened this morning. At least I have a place to crash for the night here. Heading back to Denver tomorrow.

Anyway, I've rescheduled my hotel and I put the new dates on the books.

I'm in, Dom.

Next time, I'll check the forum religiously during the day.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I can't believe I just got this. It was almost a 12-hour delay in me getting the message that the cancellation happened this morning. At least I have a place to crash for the night here. Heading back to Denver tomorrow.

Anyway, I've rescheduled my hotel and I put the new dates on the books.

I'm in, Dom.

Next time, I'll check the forum religiously during the day.
If you're here you might just stay anyway, we have a Bookcliff Cruisers meeting Saturday evening and you're welcome to your Toyota fix. Shoot me a PM if interested.

gearhead1

Rising Sun Member
If you're here you might just stay anyway, we have a Bookcliff Cruisers meeting Saturday evening and you're welcome to your Toyota fix. Shoot me a PM if interested.
I'm in Minturn, by Vail and still 2 hours away from GJ, so just going to crash at a buddy's place here. I appreciate the offer though!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
1678545419684.jpeg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yup, winter in Colorado.

BTW, the sun is peaking out this morning but it rained for quite a while overnight. It's very muddy.

We were thinking of skiing except CO65 over the Mesa is closed for avalanche mitigation. Useful cameras up there.

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 8.20.30 AM.png

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
To Everyone involved, the decision to reschedule was made in the interest of safe travel for our participants. It was not an issue for Bill and he selected the soonest available date he could, April 1&2. My apologies, as this was a tough decision and it causes everyone some hassle.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
If anyone needs a refund due to schedule conflicts please let me know and I can do so as long as you let me before 3/18. Beyond that date, no refunds can be issued in fairness to the others still committed.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
To be clear: I'm good with the rescheduled April 1-2 dates.

For what it's worth: @DomOfTheDead in my opinion it all makes sense. It was a tough situation because it was last minute. The weather is unpredictable. We have no control what cards we're dealt, only how we play them. I'd rather reschedule & wait a few more weeks to learn from Bill & others, and hang out with you guys. I'd rather do that, than test Nature's kind predisposition and stubbornly stick with the initial plan. Hope that makes sense. Lol

Also, for the record I love snow. Pictures like @gearhead1 remind me of my home country, Romania. But I don't love how other drivers (outside this forum) deal with snow. That's what generally keeps me off the roads.

Anyway, thanks again Dom for handling all the coordination on this training sesh. Keep up the good work.

Allen

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Dom; thanks for organizing this event. I CAN NOT make the April 1&2 date. Will try again next time. Money back please.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Dom; thanks for organizing this event. I CAN NOT make the April 1&2 date. Will try again next time. Money back please.
I will get it to you at the next meeting

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Part of leadership is making the tough, sometimes unpopular, decisions that are the best for everyone. Looking forward to April 1!

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Hey Dom, my son was home on spring break last weekend but unfortunately, he will be in school/working on the new date. We are going to have to back out.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey everyone, we are still on track for this weekend. Weather is looking good. Meet up time and location are unchanged. Brandi and myself won't be there as we have scheduling conflicts but Bill and Chris will take care of you!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee