On trail skills and leader training with Bill Burke April 1-2 2023 Grand Junction, CO

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I was hoping the storm would dissipate or move. I'm taking tire chains for Vail Pass.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I am waiting on a response back from Bill about rescheduling

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I am waiting on a response back from Bill about rescheduling
Ok, I was starting to look into replacing two of my lower tread tires this AM. I'll hold off if this is being rescheduled.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Doesn't look bad yet. Supposed to build over the day, though I guess.

I70185East6.jpg

070E21560CAM1GP2.flv.png

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Storm warning starts at 11

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Dom, I've got to back out for that weekend. Cruise Moab stuff Saturday. PM me later please or call me.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Start date on April fools day... Sounds kinda suspect to me.

I personally don't trust that Dom guy.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Storm warning starts at 11
Just got back from a quick trip to Glenwood, all rain between there and GJ. There's nothing happening here in town. Vail Pass doesn't seem too bad on the cameras. Blowing snow maybe blocking some of the cameras. Better safe than sorry, though.

070W19210CAM1RHS.flv.png

Last edited:

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Thanks @Johnny Utah for the ping this morning.

My phone has been awful at notifying me about forum posts. And now having stepped out of our secured office I was able to reschedule the GV reservation. It'll be $75/night and the second bed is still on the updated reservation for you Scott.

Thanks @DomOfTheDead for coordinating!

Though, lolz! I agree with @MonPetiteShoe. April 1st is no joke, kinda suspect 🤣

Allen

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm currently scheduled to be out of town that weekend unfortunately :confused: What is the protocol if we can't make the rescheduled dates?
I can issue refunds. I need to know who is OK with the new date and who can't make it. If too many drop out, we might have to cancel.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
I can issue refunds. I need to know who is OK with the new date and who can't make it. If too many drop out, we might have to cancel.

We haven’t booked travel yet but we are planning to celebrate my 40th bday that weekend. If we don’t book soon I’d love to still join the training!

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I'm still good for the new dates.
I've been trying to reach the GV hotel all day though. Their phones don't seem to be working very well.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Just trying to make sure everyone knows, we have rescheduled this class due to travel conditions along the I70 corridor. New class date is April 1 & 2 @Telly @gearhead1 @#1PensHockey @timmbuck2

gearhead1

Rising Sun Member
I didn't get this alert until just now. 7:50-something PM.

I'm in Minturn, CO. Just had dinner with some friends.

Already checked into the hotel. I hope I can cancel my reservation at this point.

I can probably do the April dates, but I'm going to deal with getting my hotel cancelled and deciding if I turn around or crash up here tonight.

Suggestion for future trips: dedicated email thread or text group.