On trail skills and leader training with Bill Burke April 1-2 2023 Grand Junction, CO

#1PensHockey

Rising Sun Member
Hey @DomOfTheDead I would love to sign up and can pay as soon as you can give me the go ahead. Sorry for the late add but I wasnt sure if I was teaching that weekend. Thanks!
-Kurt

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey @DomOfTheDead I would love to sign up and can pay as soon as you can give me the go ahead. Sorry for the late add but I wasnt sure if I was teaching that weekend. Thanks!
-Kurt
We still have room for a few more. My PayPal link is posted previously. Glad to have you along!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
OK we are confirmed and I will book it today!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Last edited:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Paid for me and my son

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
I expect recent phone updates made it so I no longer got notifications from the forum. Stupid technology. Good thing my spidey sense kicked me in the butt to check manually.

I'm paid and room reserved at GV in GJ for $78/night 3/10 & 3/11.

I was able to request a new room with two double beds. If someone wants to split the hotel cost with me that's cool by me (just shoot me a PM). If not I'll just have two beds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait for the training! :D

Allen

Last edited:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be at the Residence Inn there by the Shell station we always stop at on the way to Moab :)

4Run4Fun

Brand New
Are you interested in improving your off highway skills?

Would you like to feel more comfortable in adverse trail situations?

Do you want to be able to lead groups on trails but unsure if you could?

Have you considered leading trails Cruise Moab?

Do you lead trails at Cruise Moab and want to become a better trail leader?

Come join us Saturday and Sunday March 11 & 12 2023 in
Grand Junction, CO

We will learn from the legendary Bill Burke and I4WDTA master trainer Chris Nelson about the dynamics of 4wd trail usage and responsible stewardship.
This class has a leadership focus but with openness to anyone interested in improving overall abilities. Our goal is that afterwards, your overall confidence is increased, and you might feel comfortable enough to lead at Cruise Moab or just in general, with a few friends. Cruise Moab is a fantastic event and Rising Sun is proud to put its name on the event but each year we struggle to find enough qualified people to lead trails. Leading trails can be fun and rewarding, adding a unique perspective to the experience.

Class cost depends on number of students, pricing will be posted as soon as amount of commitment is determined, payment deadline will be posted at that time
Class is 8am-4pm each day, w lunch break
Cancellation deadline is Friday February 11 , cancellations beyond that point are non-refundable unless you can find someone to take your place.

1. @DomOfTheDead  paid
2. @Yarn Runner paid
3. @baileyfj40
4. @Telly  paid
5. @Telly +1  paid
6. @Camo80  paid
7. kevin nagy paid
8. @allen.wrench paid
9. @gearhead1  paid
10. @Sean Solo
11. @Johnny Utah paid
12. @VoodooBlue_Vixen  paid
13. @mcgaskins
14. @timmbuck2 paid
15. @timmbuck2 +1 paid
16. @#1PensHockey  paid
17. Jeff Johnson Bookcliff Cruisers paid

View attachment 109903
Are you interested in improving your off highway skills?

Would you like to feel more comfortable in adverse trail situations?

Do you want to be able to lead groups on trails but unsure if you could?

Have you considered leading trails Cruise Moab?

Do you lead trails at Cruise Moab and want to become a better trail leader?

Come join us Saturday and Sunday March 11 & 12 2023 in
Grand Junction, CO

We will learn from the legendary Bill Burke and I4WDTA master trainer Chris Nelson about the dynamics of 4wd trail usage and responsible stewardship.
This class has a leadership focus but with openness to anyone interested in improving overall abilities. Our goal is that afterwards, your overall confidence is increased, and you might feel comfortable enough to lead at Cruise Moab or just in general, with a few friends. Cruise Moab is a fantastic event and Rising Sun is proud to put its name on the event but each year we struggle to find enough qualified people to lead trails. Leading trails can be fun and rewarding, adding a unique perspective to the experience.

Class cost depends on number of students, pricing will be posted as soon as amount of commitment is determined, payment deadline will be posted at that time
Class is 8am-4pm each day, w lunch break
Cancellation deadline is Friday February 11 , cancellations beyond that point are non-refundable unless you can find someone to take your place.

1. @DomOfTheDead  paid
2. @Yarn Runner paid
3. @baileyfj40
4. @Telly  paid
5. @Telly +1  paid
6. @Camo80  paid
7. kevin nagy paid
8. @allen.wrench paid
9. @gearhead1  paid
10. @Sean Solo
11. @Johnny Utah paid
12. @VoodooBlue_Vixen  paid
13. @mcgaskins
14. @timmbuck2 paid
15. @timmbuck2 +1 paid
16. @#1PensHockey  paid
17. Jeff Johnson Bookcliff Cruisers paid

View attachment 109903
I’m interested!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Is there anything we need to bring/an equipment list?
A notepad, lunch, water and or coffee. Gloves and layered clothing. All recovery equipment and associated things will be provided for demonstration purposes. I recommend waiting on gear purchases until after a person takes a class as they might have a better idea on proper ratings and equipment preferences. As a side note, this is not a dedicated recovery class but we will touch base on this topic. For field portions, we will limit our convoy to 10 trucks, so we will need do some carpooling. Thus being said, if someone wants to drive a more economical vehicle to class to save money on gas, please do so.

gearhead1

Rising Sun Member
A notepad, lunch, water and or coffee. Gloves and layered clothing. All recovery equipment and associated things will be provided for demonstration purposes. I recommend waiting on gear purchases until after a person takes a class as they might have a better idea on proper ratings and equipment preferences. As a side note, this is not a dedicated recovery class but we will touch base on this topic. For field portions, we will limit our convoy to 10 trucks, so we will need do some carpooling. Thus being said, if someone wants to drive a more economical vehicle to class to save money on gas, please do so.
Thank you, Dom!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Do we know approximately what time the training will end on Sunday? Will be making hotel reservations this week. Thank you.
The training days are 8am to 4pm but on Sunday special accommodations can be made for anyone needing to take off early for travel reasons (I will need to leave in the early afternoon so I can be back home Sunday evening). I will post up more logistic details shortly.

4Run4Fun

Brand New
The training days are 8am to 4pm but on Sunday special accommodations can be made for anyone needing to take off early for travel reasons (I will need to leave in the early afternoon so I can be back home Sunday evening). I will post up more logistic details shortly.
Thank you!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE:

830am meet up at: masonic lodge 2400 Consistory Ct, Grand Junction, CO 81501

https://goo.gl/maps/fYx6ojK6m6azbipd6

layered clothing, gloves and note pad are recommended along with folding chair, sunscreen,
Park in the north parking lot at the rear of the building.

Looks like weather has been nice and 40-50f degrees but that could change. We will have some small rest breaks and a lunch break. Food options are close by if needed. Depending on weather but class usually has the morning in classroom with outdoor portions in the afternoon. If anyone is interested, we have in the past, gone as a group on Saturday night to dinner at a local restaurant. If anyone needs to leave early Sunday, that will be accommodated for. Looking forward to seeing everyone and learning more from Bill!
here is a link to Bill's website
:risingsun:woot:

Last edited: