On trail skills and leader training with Bill Burke April 1-2 2023 Grand Junction, CO

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'm a definite mabye...... I'm more interested if we do get 20 people so the price is good. Been dropping a good amount on the 4runner lately and need to go back into saving mode as much as I can. Also though I've technically got a scouting (as in a scouting organization) engagement on that weekend and I'm not sure how crucial it is that I be there.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE: as of now we are looking at $130 per person, if we get a few more commitments, we can chip that price down a smidgen. I will post up paypal link shortly

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Sorry to be staying tentative this time. Trying not to already fill every weekend. Good chance I'll jump in last minute if space remains.

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
I cannot go to Cruise Moab this year but would like to do this training. (Again, but with out the bolt through the tire and burping a glob of grease out of a CV boot.) Count me in if this is allowed.

For those interested in the tire puncture-

Bill demonstrated the whole on-trail tire repair process for the class. The hole was pretty big, 3/8" bolt I believe. Unfortunately the tire did not fully seal and would loose about 8 psi over 3-4 days. Good enough to get you off the trail. Took the tire to Discount Tire (where I buy all my tires except this set) and they would not repair do to it being plugged already. They also felt it was to big of a hole to repair. ( I was told at the time Bill plug the tire at class this might be the case - not repairing due to prior repair - The class demo was worth it because there were a few things I learned that I did not know.) So I ordered the biggest plug I could find, smoothed out the inside of the tire to get a good seat and glued the plug in. Been fine for the last year and 10K miles.

20220312_081335.jpg

Plug.JPG
Plug 2.JPG
Plug 3.JPG

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE:
Individual cost per person attending will be $130 with the current total of people attending. Here is my paypal link:
https://paypal.me/DomBoucher?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
please use friends and family as I do this as a volunteer and do not make a profit from this. If you use business related, please account for paypal fees and adjust the total amount.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Also, where is everyone looking to stay? I've heard Grand Vista getting talked about. Currently $118 for 2 nights. I've never stayed there, is it any good?

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'm rolling the dice on the weather and sleeping in a tent at the KOA with my son. That Grand Vista price is very good for two nights! I didn't find anything close to that when I searched so decided to just bust out the cold weather camping gear. Let's just hope it's not 10 degrees and snowing.

We may run over to Moab Sunday after the training if the weather looks good and hit a couple easier trails (HR and FNT). Plan to head home Tuesday afternoon. Anyone is welcome. Hoping to find a spot off Sand Flats Road.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
"Good" is subjective, it you're getting no more or less than you'd expect for $55 per night. There just ain't much better for any cheaper, though.
I'll book it today. I was just checking I wasn't getting myself into a ratchet, bedbug fun filled experience! 😂😂😂

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
OK for a 17 year old to attend? I plan on attending, will get registered and paid tonight

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Also, where is everyone looking to stay? I've heard Grand Vista getting talked about. Currently $118 for 2 nights. I've never stayed there, is it any good?
They have new rooms and old rooms. Both are fine but ask for a new one. I have stayed there many times.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
OK for a 17 year old to attend? I plan on attending, will get registered and paid tonight
I don't see any issue with this. Legal to drive and willing to learn.