• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

*OFFICIAL* 2008 Triple Bypass Thread

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
FYI ... heard a rumor that Schofield is open, nothing on Pearl.

I've been trying to juggle stuff around but looks like I have a time conflict and with a week to go I had to flip a coin. I hope something opens up for the run but either way it looks like I'm going to bow out this year.

I'm sure you guys will have a great time no matter where you go:cheers:

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Due to heavy snow that still blocks the trails over Pearl, Italian Creek, and Taylor Passes, this year’s Triple Bypass run will be cancelled. In addition to information gathered by my contacts in Crested Butte, I spoke with someone at the Forest Service’s Aspen office who confirmed the closure of Pearl Pass due to deep snow. Rescheduling the trip later in August will conflict with our Ouray trip and a September trip date will have us driving in fresh snow (or last winter’s snow, or both).

I was also told today that Scofield Pass is closed by many snowslides, the worst just below the Devil's Punch Bowl. The Crested Butte locals tell me that none of the trails over the four passes, Scofield, Pearl, Italian Creek, and Taylor, will open soon, if at all this year.

Next year.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the update Bruce. Hope to make next years run.

wesintl

RS Moderator
bushducks claim you can get by schofield. http://bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm#schofield

I may be up for a run the 23rd or part but not all of labor day weekend. I doubt I can get all the way to ouray this year.

What about still camping at taylor and running richmond hill to aspen and then up to ashcroft, maybe a part way up perl to see the snow or up montazuma basin to see where the us ski team used to train in the 60's and then back down to ashcroft and then over taylor. Not a triple bypass but still wheelin?:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:yagi:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I might still consider a run of it depending on the snow conditions over the next few weeks, as this was the last event I had on my calendar before taking my truck down for wrenching before the snow started flying.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Dang.

Next weekend's my only free weekend for a while. I'm going to have to skip the Ouray run too..

change in plans, can't make it

Dear All,
I regret that I am not going to be able to make it. I had a last minute babysitting issue, and thus I can't make it.
Have a great time, I hope to join you another time:):):)
God Bless all,
Nick Davis
Flagstaff, AZ

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Actually the whole run has been canceled :rolleyes: