• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

October Old Chinaman Gulch Run?

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I need to get my annual OCG fix and test out my new 5.29's on a familiar and favorite trail. I know there's some talk on the Chafee Co thread, and I want to see if we can get a run going. Last weekend of the month is not good for me, but that's it as of right now.

If there's interest, would love to get this formalized. I need to get out :hill:

Nay

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Depending on the weekend, I'd love to do this trail again. Got Elk tags for the weekend of the 13th, so that is out. Hopefully we can do it another weekend.

LandBruiser

Lifted
Im IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I'll be running it early fri. am 9/28. Camping nearby thurs. night. I just assume no one is interested. I'm then hitting Grizzly Lake on the way to a backpacking\fishing trip in the Sangre de Christo mtns. with my huntin' buds. It's only 4 miles in. Hope my leg holds up.

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Depending on the weekend, I'd love to do this trail again. Got Elk tags for the weekend of the 13th, so that is out. Hopefully we can do it another weekend.

I am thinking Saturday the 6th or 20th right now...:thumb:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Lets do it the 6th!

LandBruiser

Lifted

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Let's set it for Saturday October 6th, I'm confirmed :thumb:

How about Johnson Truck Stop at 9:30 leaving for the trailhead at 10:00 am?

We'll get a headcount next week :cheers:

LandBruiser

Lifted
Bring it on!!! I am ready for this one. Spring Creek was fun today, but slow due to bad spotting:(....I wont mention names. I came out great tho.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
And, I'm out.

Killed a tire early on today's run, and the replacement won't be here for 10 days. Nice to have such a rare size.

Have fun gang! If by some weird turn of events i can make it, I'll let you know.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Bring it on!!! I am ready for this one. Spring Creek was fun today, but slow due to bad spotting:(....I wont mention names. I came out great tho.

Good to meet you today. How long were you guys in the garden? Thnks for letting us by - I'd about had it waiting... :D

I may make next week, but I've got a leaky t-case output seal that may get fixed, instead...

Mark

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm Chinamans

I like that trail. need to check the calendar. Know we are booked Sunday.

wonder if I can pursuade an old bald guy from New Mexico to come up?

Hmmmm

LandBruiser

Lifted
Good to meet you today. How long were you guys in the garden? Thnks for letting us by - I'd about had it waiting... :D

Mark

Not long, I went right thru after you. We finally got Troy to quit spotting:D I just ignored him.
I went so fast no one caught any pics:bolt:

Hope you can make it on sat!

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Let's get some confirmations for Saturday :thumb:

9:30 am Johnson City Truckstop, trailhead @ about 10:00

Who's in?

LandBruiser

Lifted
:headbang:

Yup!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I ran OCG Friday. As usual it's a little different this year with all the traffic and erosion. A lot of the smaller stuff is more difficult now which is fun. The squeeze was busted out wider and easier. The optional rock pile was eroded away and thus is a "larger" obstacle". I couldn't get over it and didn't feel like stacking a bunch of rocks. Whale rock was also a "larger" obstacle due to erosion. I had to stick to the standard middle line instead of the diagonal line I had been taking. I got hung up real bad on a tough patch after whale rock and had to high lift out and subsequently had the high lift slip out in the soft sand and leave a sizable battle wound in my rear door. Door still opens though. I took the new diagonal line Oleg showed be on the double slab and cleaned it like a rock star - I have video. The sleeper obstacle is was pretty easy due to previous rock stackers. Have fun.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Guess you're healed up! Feel free to bring video to the meeting tonight. We'll have the projector. :D

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
My video piece is real short, not worth the setup. Are you using the LCD for other reasons? If so I'll bring it.