• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

New ethanol-free locations

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
The other gas station threads got me thinking I should post this:

There’s two brand new Maverik stations offering 87-grade ethanol free gasoline in Denver proper. I live near downtown and the closest place for ethanol free was at 88th & Pecos by water world. Now us city folks have some new options!

Federal & 56th, just south of I-76.

Broadway & 58th, west off the 58th exit on I-25. Post up any other ethanol free stations around town that you know about.

Federal is open for business and 58th is in the final stages of construction and should open real soon.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
This is the app I use to find the good stuff. It only has failed me once so far. It sent me to a race shop in Vegas for ethanol free 114 race gas. So technically not a fail but I was not filling up at $16 a gallon. Now with my turbo it might be fun to try once.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 11.36.35 AM.png

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Corbet I’ve tried that before but noticed that it missed several stations that I knew had ethanol free. It’s been a few years so maybe it’s more fleshed out now though.

RDub

There’s a Murphy’s in Lafayette that I noticed has ethanol-free 87. It’s located on Hwy 287 just south of Arapahoe, in the same parking lot as Tractor Supply.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Wish you could just buy 85 e free at normal price....

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
There is a Mobil station at 12410 W Alameda Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80228 that I get 91 non-E from for my motorcycle. I have yet to find 91 anywhere else in town.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
There is a Mobil station at 12410 W Alameda Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80228 that I get 91 non-E from for my motorcycle. I have yet to find 91 anywhere else in town.
Pynergy Petroleum on Brighton Bl. Is where I get 91 ethanol free. Much less expensive than the Mobil station. Close at 5:00 and are M-F.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Pynergy Petroleum on Brighton Bl. Is where I get 91 ethanol free. Much less expensive than the Mobil station. Close at 5:00 and are M-F.
Is that the strange gas station kind of between Riverside Cemetery and the Suncor refinery? I've never been able to tell if that's more of a private gas station, as in you need an account, or just a cash place open to the public.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Is that the strange gas station kind of between Riverside Cemetery and the Suncor refinery? I've never been able to tell if that's more of a private gas station, as in you need an account, or just a cash place open to the public.
Sounds like an apt description. It’s actually a petroleum product distribution company that sells to the public. Very low key. One 1950s era pump for 91 octane ethanol free that you have to climb a little ladder to go into the office and tell them you want the 91 so they turn the pump on. Their price is still higher than Costco but much less than the station on Alameda. When I go to KC all the stations are ethanol free for “normal” prices. The price we pay for living in a gully. 🤷

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the info. I’ve been wanting to get 91 EF gas for the chainsaws. I’ve been getting the 87 from the Lafayette Murphy’s listed above but the higher octane is preferable.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Anyone have an update on locations? Word on the street is Suncore stopped production of 91 non ethanol.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
It's gettin' real, fellers.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
At the car wash across from arapahoe community college they have had 91 EF. Guess I will have to watch and see if they continue to carry it…

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Most stations I frequent here in Iowa have a full range of choices from the 10% E blends, E15, E85, and there's always an ethanol free selection. I always use the ethanol free 91 in the carb'd old Toyotas, and all of my small engine stuff. Kind of ironic that it's so easy to get non ethanol in the land of 🌽 corn!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Most stations I frequent here in Iowa have a full range of choices from the 10% E blends, E15, E85, and there's always an ethanol free selection. I always use the ethanol free 91 in the carb'd old Toyotas, and all of my small engine stuff. Kind of ironic that it's so easy to get non ethanol in the land of 🌽 corn!
Jealous.