nakman's 60 build

Crash

Rising Sun Member
A BVB trick for window and other rubber gaskets: Clean them up as best as you can then put them in a plastic trash bag and silicone spray them to the max. Let sit in the sealed bag for a week and they will be rejuvenated to like nearly new condition. Worked on the 40's 40 year old gaskets really well. Nine months later and they still look great.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Damn...you beat me to it! Cadet Blue is my fav color and the color I had picked an eventual painting of my 40. It is impossible to find a paint code. Russel is pretty good at color matching. I need to come check it out!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@Crash like this?

66dbbf0f-8a5e-482c-b9f1-12a2fadf844b_1.bb16d947053fee306c8ce2ae90f2339d.jpeg

Did that do anything to remove 12yo overspray? or just make the rubber more rubber-like? worth a shot I guess.

@LARGEONE Paul swing by any time. I spent the rest of the afternoon sanding/priming the hood, also cleaning up around the DS a pillar. I may be on pause for a few days here until it warms up again, but hoping to paint in a couple of weeks. I can sand in the cold, but I need the sun to spray primer so days are getting shorter for sure now.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
That's the stuff, any brand will do, although I don't think what I used had teflon in it. Couldn't hoit, I suppose. I used a razor knife to remove overspray, utilizing a trailing edge, rather than a leading edge to get it to loosen up with Dawn dish soap as a lube. Work slowly and gently and the rubber will stand up to the massaging. It's a bit of a pain but worth the effort. Good luck!

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
The downspout empties the cowl. Check it for pine needles before you reinstall the fender.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The downspout empties the cowl. Check it for pine needles before you reinstall the fender.
Yeah I later read that thread that Martin posted about the pine needles... wasn't too bad, just some leaves mostly, but I vacuumed it all out. I can see some little gaps in the seams now that I've been cleaning/sanding the area, so have a good path now on buttoning this up really well before I put the fender back on.

Of course now that I'm staring at the truck I think I'm only about 4 bolts away from removing that inner fender, right? there's nothing attached to it on this side, just a wire harness and those plastic clips are already broken. So I may just paint the inner fender off the truck as well now, just cause I'm in there. Staring at the passenger side, looks to be about the same effort, though if I painted the inner fender I would want to replace those stickers on there. anyone know where to get those? Spector appears out of stock.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
City Racer?
cool site! I didn't see the labels I need though. Did find a few other things, thanks!

and I pulled that inner fender. totally worth it, as I have a bunch more access to the body. Spent a little time tonight just wiping stuff off.
IMG_2503.jpg

It would also be a good time to lower that bump stop.

IMG_2504.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpg
    IMG_2504.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 155

subzali

Hard Core 4+
You could probably message city racer directly and he could probably reproduce whatever you need.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
You could probably message city racer directly and he could probably reproduce whatever you need.
Tim,

We only have a limited selection of the more commonly replaced decals. Sorry, we're not able to produce custom decals.

City Racer LLC

was worth a shot... any other ideas?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
ToyotaMatt on MUD does some decals too I think

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
ToyotaMatt on MUD does some decals too I think
I found the vacuum label that I need there, thanks. Am still waiting on a response back to my inquiry for the other one, as I couldn't find it. Can't seem to find this label anywhere for that matter. Any other suggestions? here it is:
IMG_2507.jpg

I mean, I know it's just text so I could likely replicate it and just print it out, but that's not the same here.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Did you contact Matt to see if you could reproduce one for you?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I think I got some decals from $OR? Check there??

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I think I got some decals from $OR? Check there??
Yeah they do have it, I didn't see it before thanks. for $49... https://www.sor.com/cat350b.sor holding out for Toyota Matt, or may just diy. I still have a dirty fender with a bunch of wires attached to it that's still bolted to the truck on the passenger side, so a lot of steps need to happen before I really "need" this sticker...

60wag

Rising Sun Member
That 49$ isn't looking too bad if the alt is to create your own. OTOH, that's a sticker you could live without and completely forget about it. The sticker I want is the locker instructions on the door panel in my 80. Its peeling off but I think its kinda cool and would like to replace it w a new one.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
That 49$ isn't looking too bad if the alt is to create your own. OTOH, that's a sticker you could live without and completely forget about it. The sticker I want is the locker instructions on the door panel in my 80. Its peeling off but I think its kinda cool and would like to replace it w a new one.

41991-60061?

May be available from Toyota or here: