• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Moab October 15-19

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just learned about this run happening. Thanks @J1000 for letting me know about this.

I read through the thread and sounds like there's still room? :D May I still join? I know I'm pretty late to the thread @ajordan1975

@Beach Boy super awesome of you to offer your space. If I join the run, might I also camp out on your land? Just got my truck and tent.

If cool, I'd like to jump into group B and I head to Moab on Friday. And return to Denver on Sunday. I'm trying to be responsible with my position/duties at work.

Allen
come on out

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok. Let me entice the people who are on the fence about coming out. On Friday I will supply dinner at the house. It will be Jack Stack BBQ from Kansas City. Ribs, brisket, burnt ends, sausage and sides. Please bring your favorite beverage and maybe dessert. Also if there are a few significant others who might like to come out, but not camping in a tent, I do have 2 spare bedrooms for use. See everybody soon.
By the way,don't like BBQ, bring your own dinner.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok. Let me entice the people who are on the fence about coming out. On Friday I will supply dinner at the house. It will be Jack Stack BBQ from Kansas City. Ribs, brisket, burnt ends, sausage and sides. Please bring your favorite beverage and maybe dessert. Also if there are a few significant others who might like to come out, but not camping in a tent, I do have 2 spare bedrooms for use. See everybody soon.
By the way,don't like BBQ, bring your own dinner.

Holy smokes man!!! BBQ dinner Friday!! Definitely in for that! Wow man. Your hospitality is going above and beyond!! I can’t thank you enough!!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
So who's doing what?
When are you going to arrive?
What trails are group B planning to run?
How many are definitely coming out?
I plan to head out of Denver around 3 or 4 in the afternoon on Thursday.
I also have 1 rig coming that isn't on the forum.

Last edited:

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'm in. Might just be me or one other rider. Planning to arrive around 6:00pm Thursday and set-up my tent before dark. I'm totally open to whatever trail the group B wants to do...maybe Hells Revenge Friday morning or afternoon as it might be less busy than Saturday? I'm hoping to pull off a MTB ride or two but my priority will be wheeling.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm hoping to pull off a MTB ride or two but my priority will be wheeling.
FYI, to you and anyone else bringing MTBs I've been thinking about driving over to ride Moab anyway, depending on weather. So if you're interested in joining I'll probably go ahead and do that.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I plan to arrive Thursday evening. Not sure yet on the time, but I'm guessing after dark. It will be myself, wife and friendly pup. My brother is also going to join with his Fj40 and wife, but they won't arrive until Friday afternoon. We both plan to stay until Monday morning.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
I'll be there Friday night, hopefully 6ish. Just be me. No MTBing this time around.

Anyone else driving out Friday? We could caravan?? I'll setup a side convo to minimize spamming this main thread. Or we could just share phone numbers if folks are good with that?

I'm happy to do whatever group B choses. Of course I'm still learning a lot and would appreciate input about the trails. It'll be my first time in Moab. And I might maybe need a spot if things are gnarly. I'll gladly pay back folks afterwards with mead, food, convo, or whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Allen

Telly

Rising Sun Member
FYI, to you and anyone else bringing MTBs I've been thinking about driving over to ride Moab anyway, depending on weather. So if you're interested in joining I'll probably go ahead and do that.

Heck yea...bring it!

1BADTOY

Brand New
Hey all! New to the forums and relatively new to my Lx450 off a fresh motor rebuild. I’d like to do a little with Group A and some with Group B. I’ll have my LX and my fiancé will be in her 5th gen runner with the RTT. Look to leave the Denver area Thursday late afternoon. @Beach Boy man you sound like one hell of a dude offering up your place like that! Look forward to meeting you all!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey all! New to the forums and relatively new to my Lx450 off a fresh motor rebuild. I’d like to do a little with Group A and some with Group B. I’ll have my LX and my fiancé will be in her 5th gen runner with the RTT. Look to leave the Denver area Thursday late afternoon. @Beach Boy man you sound like one hell of a dude offering up your place like that! Look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome aboard @1BADTOY
Looking forward to wheeling w/ you!

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I am planning to leave Thursday afternoon, so probably arriving late Thursday evening/night.
I have never been to Moab, so I will do whatever group B plans. I might take Saturday off to go hang with some other folks in the area.
I think wife and kids are gonna stay home, so it will likely just be me.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Brandi and I will be headed out Thurs after work. Hope to arrive at beachboys late evening. We plan on heading back sun night/ early Mon morning.
I suggest both sections of fins n things for group b Friday, well balanced trail, should leave time in afternoon for another trail, hike or MTB. I can lead or tailgun fins if needed, done it a bunch, unless someone brighter or better looking wants to. I am game for something else Friday but fins is a good intro to moab and that would give part of the group sand flats entrance fees if we do a groups a & b run of hells revenge Saturday. 12 trucks on hells might be slow but could be fun.
Totally open for ideas sunday and other ideas too

WOW Brian that's so nice off you.

Shipwreck and I will be pulling into Moab some time in the afternoon. 4 people total.

Last edited:

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
When people show up, just drive in and pull to the back and set up. I will have the front lights on with my 2011 silver 4 Runner in front of the garage.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Information for anyone coming in Friday afternoon. Had to go to Salt Lake City today and arrived back to Moab at 5:30pm and came to a stop about 1/2 mile north of the entrance to Arches NP. Took me an hour to get to the Colorado bridge and the river road. The river road was not backed up. You might want to consider coming in on the river road. Do not know about Thursday. Due to road construction.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the info @Beach Boy for Friday.

I've been mulling it over, working longer than necessary lately, and I'm not expecting anything big to come up. So I'm going to flex my time and head to Moab with others Thursday afternoon :D

Sorry if anyone was planning on caravanning Friday with me. If anyone was, please let me know. I'll totally hang back and caravan on Friday if it helps anyone.

Two quick questions:
Would extra gas be good to bring? 5gal? 10gal? 15gal?

Does anyone know what the campfire situation is out there?

Allen

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks for the info @Beach Boy for Friday.

I've been mulling it over, working longer than necessary lately, and I'm not expecting anything big to come up. So I'm going to flex my time and head to Moab with others Thursday afternoon :D

Sorry if anyone was planning on caravanning Friday with me. If anyone was, please let me know. I'll totally hang back and caravan on Friday if it helps anyone.

Two quick questions:
Would extra gas be good to bring? 5gal? 10gal? 15gal?

Does anyone know what the campfire situation is out there?

Allen

Bring gas if you want, but it probably won’t be necessary since we are in town and close to gas.