• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Meme Thread

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
This is how it feels to be my generation, people 35-45 years old. So many things out of reach that many (though not all) people from older generations take for granted. I know the squeeze is going to hit my kids' generation even harder so I try not to complain too much.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I'm old enough to remember $.19 - for Premium! $.15 for Regular. Gas wars were literally a gas back in the '50s and early '60s.

I heard that. I remember being all upset when I was in 5th grade and gas went over 25 cents a gallon. I used to ride my dirt bike to the gas station in Longmont to get gas with my allowance. :)

I love you guys!!
You make me feel so young

I recall putting gas in the ‘78 espirit firebird at .69 cents a gallon and a pack of camel non-filters with a $5 bill for a rad dog solid Friday night with enough left over from a 20 for a box of booze from Liquor Larry’s off 84th and federal by the old St. Anthony’s North when I was 16

The secret was we never got carded if you bought a cardboard box worth at old liquor Larry’s an OG Vietnamese immigrant just trying to hit that hustle

Had to be a box worth…of whatever
Usually some mix of boons farm for the ladies, or the hope of the ladies, many times ending in no ladies and no boons farm…regardless some mickeys big mouths and some OE 40s cause we were “hard”

Rip off the ttops crank up the pioneer and Jensens with some REO or AC/DC and try not to lose a wire wheel hub cap

Inflation is a bitch

Good times

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Every month when my kids auto draft hits for his college fund I ask myself it that would be better spent buying him a house.
As a 40 year old living in today’s economy: yes.

Unless they’re getting a PhD in the medical field or becoming a lawyer. As much as every metric points to a huge market correction, I don’t think it’ll actually happen as long as the game remains fairly rigged. Owning real estate, any real estate, is the only guaranteed ticket.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
As a 40 year old living in today’s economy: yes.

Unless they’re getting a PhD in the medical field or becoming a lawyer. As much as every metric points to a huge market correction, I don’t think it’ll actually happen as long as the game remains fairly rigged. Owning real estate, any real estate, is the only guaranteed ticket.
Unfortunately I agree if you want to live anywhere desirable as we do here. My monthly college contribution no longer pays a mortgage in Durango. I would have had to make that decision for real years ago.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Need to get this thread back on track.

IMG_0698.jpeg

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Rip off the ttops

Those damn tops could become a blood sport if you didn't get them off on the first pull!

Don't forget Little Kings and Malt Duck for the ladies.....

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately I agree if you want to live anywhere desirable as we do here. My monthly college contribution no longer pays a mortgage in Durango. I would have had to make that decision for real years ago.
Either way, you're contributing to something good.

Anyway, carry on with the memes.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0594.jpeg
IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0592.jpeg
IMG_0591.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman