Magda (the 94FZJ) living her best life. (updated)

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Starting a new build on my new girl "Magda" 80 series. She's old (94') had too much sun, inappropriate, and drinks too much. Our purpose with her is to mostly trail not particularly rock crawl as my skills are not there yet. She's getting her lift soon after her axel and re-gear because someone put big shoes on her before doing so... (not me) What sliders and bumpers do you like on your 80 and why?

Pictures of our old boy (Ron Burgundy) and new girl (Magda) His and Hers. A75ED474-DA73-4A48-8B7A-E717082607E2_1_102_o.jpegtempImage3S5Sgk.png
tempImageuoUv1x.png

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Haha Ron Burgundy! Hilarious! I’m partial to the red ones. It looks like your new one needs a little tlc.
I am an ARB front bumper guy. I think they just look right on Land Cruisers. I also like the Slee bumper but I think they make them out of platinum or something…jk.
I’m running the Slee slider steps on my 80 because that’s what was on when I bought it. I like them and so does my wife.
If I were to change up the suspension, I would look at Dobinsons. Currently I’m running old man emu medium kit.
IMG_0822.jpeg

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Haha Ron Burgundy! Hilarious! I’m partial to the red ones. It looks like your new one needs a little tlc.
I am an ARB front bumper guy. I think they just look right on Land Cruisers. I also like the Slee bumper but I think they make them out of platinum or something…jk.
I’m running the Slee slider steps on my 80 because that’s what was on when I bought it. I like them and so does my wife.
If I were to change up the suspension, I would look at Dobinsons. Currently I’m running old man emu medium kit.
View attachment 117167
is it true those sliders dont provide protection for the cats?

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Notyourmomslx450 has this bumper on his 80, he's beat the hell outta it and it still works flawlessly. So much so IM looking at putting the same bumper (but for a 4runner) on my 3rd gen.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Like @NotyourmomsWife said. I have a 4x4labs rear bumper. Bumpit off road front tube bumper, and sliders (colorado company).
24.jpg
22.jpg

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
View attachment 117167
We also have Slee and ARB on Ron Burgundy. On occasion I need to wear heals and wish the sliders were a little wider so I don't slip as much but that would diminish the point of protection as they are not steps.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
I should also add that on occasion I may need to wear heels while running my rig in town so sliders are always a challenge in that scenario. Any that are just slightly wider than Slee but similar and have a little grip??

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The Slee Step Sliders would work great for you.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
View attachment 117167
tempImageh17pQS.png

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
is it true those sliders dont provide protection for the cats?

Yeah not really. One of the mounting arms goes underneath the cats so that’ll hit first, but no cage or additional structure around the cats.
I had Scott at AA muffler tuck the cats up a little higher and that helps too.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Awesome! I say go back down to 285s, toss in a 2in lift and just go wheel that truck as is. You don't need lockers or gears to go have fun.

As for bumpers, seems like the styles are with or without headlight and grill protection. I like the ARB for the full face mask style and the Slee short bus for the sleek look.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Yeah not really. One of the mounting arms goes underneath the cats so that’ll hit first, but no cage or additional structure around the cats.
I had Scott at AA muffler tuck the cats up a little higher and that helps too.
thats what I thought. lame. I wonder why they got rid of the tube sliders with protection to only offering the steps w/out. I know they said demand for the steps was higher, but even so a move that doesnt feel true to the brand.

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Slee no longer makes sliders for 94's so who still is?? Or who has some for sale used??

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I would give them a call…maybe just out of stock. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
The slee step sliders were also super easy to install too. Just some jacks and it can be done in under an hour. They look a lot more sleek (like most stuff from slee) but they are pricey!

Trapper50cal

Trail Ready
Metaltech is having a sale right now and has OPOR (Outpost Offroad) sliders for 93/94 with cat protection available as part of the sale and $99 shipping on all slider orders. Not trying to be one of Mark's salesmen or anything, just know early fzj80 offerings are becoming more scarce and these are likely as cheap as they're ever going to be. They sort of have steps.