Land Cruiser Heritage Museum - SLC

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

OK I have always wanted to go, and it sounds like they have added even more cool stuff. I would love to plan a trip to SLC this year and spend a day there! Maybe wheel on the way there or back? No idea at all on timing but wanted to see if anyone was interested. :)

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Was just talking to Jackson about this last night! I'm in!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
convoy!!

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
You should touch base with Daniel/Inukshuk, he created a backroads/trail route to Cruiserfest (Toole, Utah) several years again that was outstanding and a real adventure. (We actually saved a guys life!)

IMG_6605.png
IMG_6606.png
IMG_6607.png
IMG_6608.png
You should touch base with Daniel/Inukshuk, he created a backroads/trail route to Cruiserfest (Toole, Utah) several years again that was outstanding and a real adventure. (We actually saved a guys life!)

Last edited:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
If you’ve never been it’s definitely worth the trip even for a burn and turn

If for no other reason (of which there are plenty of other reasons) just to see treeroots toy and literature memorabilia and Adam’s pedal cars

The land cruisers and Dan the man are obviously well worth the trip in and of themselves like I said even a quick turn and burn

I like museums that one in particular is super cool like in par with Forney for transportation nerds when it was on the platte before it’s new location where whatever that store is now I think rei

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Happy to share/talk about he routes we did. That one Paul mentions is still one of my favorites. 7 or 8 passes starting with Red Cone. We skipped Radical Hill and Crystal Canyon that year because of the guy in the 100 who had never aired down. He did great but we did not want to kill him.
I really enjoyed the northern Uinta route too. No matter what there will be some long pavement sections but the dirt in between can be epic if you can take a week for the trip out. We have then always come home in a one-day I80 convoy.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I am definitely up for a week trip!

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
If it lines up I would be interested sounds fun

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
I vote yes. Depending on the timing, I'd could arrange a private evening or weekend tour outside of regular public hours. We'd have the place to ourselves.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
I'm in!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I vote yes. Depending on the timing, I'd could arrange a private evening or weekend tour outside of regular public hours. We'd have the place to ourselves.
That would be so amazing! As always, you rock!

Let's get this thing planned! I would love to make it a week long trip. But anyone who could only make it for a couple of days could turn and burn etc.

How do we start looking at dates? Would like it to be during the summer so my boys can go, so can't go during the school year...

Capriblue45

Rising Sun Member
Defiantly interested depending on dates. I have been to the museum before but an adventure to get there sounds like fun.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Let's get this booked!! @Inukshuk I think we would all love to hear your routes and advice etc. Any dates work better than others for anyone? I kind of am thinking a week long trip...several days out there going offroad as much as possible...then take advantage of Kurt's very generous offer of a tour etc, then hightailing it back to Denver on the (yuck) pavement. If anyone can only join in for the Museum part, they could drive or fly out and meet us?

Thoughts, ideas, etc????

:risingsun

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Let's get this booked!! @Inukshuk I think we would all love to hear your routes and advice etc. Any dates work better than others for anyone? I kind of am thinking a week long trip...several days out there going offroad as much as possible...then take advantage of Kurt's very generous offer of a tour etc, then hightailing it back to Denver on the (yuck) pavement. If anyone can only join in for the Museum part, they could drive or fly out and meet us?

Thoughts, ideas, etc????

:risingsun
How about a Zoom next week? I could screen share and show / discuss routes.

Don't worry about dates for me. I have some things Aug, Sept & Oct that may prevent taking a week off. Mid July or First two weeks of September maybe.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks! I will be in Moab next week but I bet I can get a signal or go into town. What night works best for all and for you @Inukshuk

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Monday to Thursday is good for me next week.

July is bad for me but June or August are good.