Guanella Pass Snow Bash

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I am going. Because I have two passengers and only a 2 seater 40, I plan on trailering the 40 to Grant. I'll need an open seat in another rig when we hit the trail.

LandBruiser

Lifted
Doesn't Guanella start above Georgetown off of 70? Would it be cool for me to meet you all at the trail head? Goin down to 285 is a little outta the way if so. I think we will be doing more shoveling and straping than driving but fun none the less. Does anyone have an old spare tire to bring and tie in between toe ropes so we do not hafta worry about yanking/jerking the piss out of each other?

Also I am not sure if anyone will be coming with me so I will have room for an extra or two.

Jason

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
The pass goes from Georgetown to Grant/Grant to Georgetown. I would be really suprised if we made it to Georgetown. If you waited for us on the Georgetown side, you may never see us.

As far as tow straps go, I prefer the gentle approach whenever possible. In most cases you never need speed or violent jerking.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Doesn't Guanella start above Georgetown off of 70? Would it be cool for me to meet you all at the trail head?

In this case, Guanella ends at Georgetown. If you go there, you may see the Rising Sun group by day's end. But you'll be lonely.

Where are you coming from?

I take all my recovery gear...just in case. I like tow straps the best. The chains are for the tires, silly! The gentle approach is always the best just in case you do this :flop:

LandBruiser

Lifted
oh, okay. no worries I can make it that way I was just asking. I did Argentine? back it October and was just wondering if I was the same place.

And it was just an idea about the tire thing. I have been in situations where the guy pulling just ends up digging down deep and getting stuck by not using a little momentum trying to tug a heavy ass 80. You are probably right tho. Hope to see you guys on sat.

LandBruiser

Lifted

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Feel free to bring whatever you think we may need. I probably just jinxed us. :eek:

I have room for 6 in the Duramax if needed. We just need to make sure everyone has a seat on the trail.

I just realized where I saw this pic from :flop: Not poking fun...honestly! Glad he was okay.. Thanks 'Root for jinxing us!! Damn, I don't even have a wood dash for knockin on!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Perry I will put up with you:lmao: . I would love to here about your trip to Ireland.
I'm in so that is what 3 trucks 2 pasengers?

Dan, thanks for the offer, think i'll take you up on it:cool: . Bill thanks also:thumb: . Was able to find my winter gear, seams though i was thinking when I packed it away, put it right in front:) . Looking forward to the run.

Dan, ive me a ring sometime tomorrow and we will get everything figured out:beer:

Cell:720-308-3290

LandBruiser

Lifted
Weeping

After my trip to Walmart for an extra shovel and wiper fluid I noticed a small weep of antifreeze presumable from the water pump. Nothing since that one time, but should this be something that will keep me from going? I dont think its gonna fail but??? Whadaya guys think?

The are also projecting 50mph wind gusts up there so some ski goggles might be a good idea also.

Landbruiser, I would try to confirm the leak, when it gets this cold sometimes the hoses leak a little till they warm up. I would not worry if they are leaking from around the clamp. If it is the water pump you might want to bring a spare, but it is not likly that it will fail "all of the sudden".

I'll post up tonight if I'm going to go. I'm not sure I'll be much help. If wallyworld has another set of chains I'll be in for sure. My fenders will hate me for sure if I do this.

Brian

LandBruiser

Lifted
Word. I am not really worried about it failing either. I do have a new Toyota spare that I could bring with...the one thats in is a Carquest:( from about 3-4 years ago. I always have my tools and (bananas) with but would be like:banghead: to do that job in ~-20* wind chill. I would end up:camping: Hopefully you can make it. This will be my first official snowwheeling trip!!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
SWEET! This will be a hoot.
I have a couple empty seats.
Somebody gonna make videos? The motorcycle guys are jazzed to see us bash the snow. A few of them are coming up Sunday for a pre-run, it would be cool to post up Saturday nite, and I can link it to the Elephant Run boards.

Man Oh Man I am so bummed I am missing this. Not only was I going to miss it because I have Lacrosse Training, but now I am going to miss *that* because I have walking Pnumonia! I have not been this sick in 4 years. So I think you guys will be glad to not have me there for this one. I so would have loved to put a video together for ya! I look forward to the stories and tales from my laptop in bed ;D

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I've been sick all day (working naturally), so I'll probably be home in bed. If I feel great in the morning, I'll call you, Bill.

We'll be there!! And we'll bring a video camera, and BEER! We're planning on leaving COS going up 24 to Woodland Park, thru to Lake George up thru Tarryall and over Kenosha Pass. See you in the AM!

719-244-3025 cell

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Leave the BEER at home:thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I don't want to alarm anyone but the weather prediction says it is going to be a little nippy tomorrow. :D

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I don't want to alarm anyone but the weather prediction says it is going to be a little nippy tomorrow. :D

Yes very nippy , mike when are you heading out , I'll pick Perry up around 7:45
Dan