Guanella Pass Snow Bash

LandBruiser

Lifted
Thanks Bill, I saw your rig at the rally this summer. So you think I could make those NAPAs fit my 37s with a little work? Il check on it, thanks!

BTW, you do not have to be a member to do this run of course... but it does provide benefits! (to you, not just to us... :D )

Oh so you mean if I pay, you will actually pull me out when I get stuck:D i get by very well in the summer playing on the rocks without lockers but mud and snow are a totally different story.

So are chains a must for this? Reson being - I do have chains for 35's but since my truck will probabl still be down we'll be bringing my boyfriends 4Runner. He's got 33's and I doubt my chains could e cinched down to fit his 33's.... (He does have lockers though)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Chains are nice. Good attitude and gonzo approach are mandatory! Don't let that keep ya away.

So I take it this gig is still on right? Amyone know if we will actually be able to break trail, or will this be more like a 200 yards - then turn around - then ask "what the heck were we thinking?" kinda thing? :D

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
All of the above!

Yep, it is still on. I got someone to cover my on-call duties from Friday midnight through Saturday midnight. Even if we make little or no forward progress, if the last snow run is any indication, we will have a blast. Bring shovels, chains if you got 'em, winches welcome, tow straps, the usual.

And food/water/first aid kits of course. I always include a sleeping bag or two just in case. Never needed them, kinda like carrying spare axleshafts. The day I leave them home I will wish I hadn't.:lmao:

And food/water/first aid kits of course. I always include a sleeping bag or two just in case. Never needed them, kinda like carrying spare axleshafts. The day I leave them home I will wish I hadn't.:lmao:

Roger that! Still gotta clear this with the S/O as we have to fix his fried ARB air locker line, but barring that - we should be there! I (we) are looking forward to meeting you all!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I won't be carrying any tools for this run if I go. Would someone be willing to let me borrow their tools if needed?

I'll be coming along with Treeroot. If there are any open seats I wouldn't mind doing some seat hopping to get a chance to meet and ride along with some of you. I've been jonesing for a run since I have miss quite a few of the last runs with 'root :headbang:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Of course, 'Root!
Of course, Ian! Be sure to keep track of those keys.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I called the Clear Creek ranger station (303-567-3000) and asked about a gate. She said that the road is plowed to the lake turnoff and not maintained beyond that point. I asked about a gate and she said there isn't one on Guanella pass.

Based on personal experience it takes about an hour to get to Grant from Denver if the weather and road conditions are good.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
So what is the official count of trucks for this run? Just wondering, I need to go lay on the cold hard ground and replace a couple of oxygen sensors to get my truck running correctly. ( GO FIGURE) Just curious Sounds like a good day for burro's on the snackster
Dan:thumb:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
The run is this Saturday right?? Wouldnt mind joining along but would have to hitch a ride. Anybody up for putting up with me:hill: . First thing though, need to see if I have my winter close handy, hopefully there not packed away:eek: . Thaks in advance:beer:

Ok gang, I got my calander all mixed up. I have Lacrosse Referee traiuning this saturday - and I HAVE to be there since I am one of the trianers! We are hurting so bad for new referee's it isn't funny.... (Anyone interested in becoming a referee? The pay is pretty good and you don't even have to know the game... we do train you!) SO sadly I will not be at Guenella. And I was so looking forward to meeting everyone.

*sigh* next time. But I look forward to all the stories!

-The Mythical Molly

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think I am out as a driver, but I would be glad to serve as a passenger.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
We were hoping to attend but this weekend is the annual HR Father/Daughter Sweetheart Ball. IIRC this will be our 7th straight attendance :thumb:

So, I will be taking my lovely :Princess:'s to the dance but I hope everyone has a great, and safe, time busting snow! :cheers:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Not sure of the count actually, seems to be changing.
Root for sure, Perry and Hulk as passengers (Perry you can come by my house and ride up with me if you like!, PM me for the addy), seems like a couple others expressed interest.

Actually with less than 1/2 dozen trucks, it will be easier!

So if you are going, please post up!

Channel 4, meet at Grant at 9AM (leave the metro area by 8 at the latest).

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Not sure of the count actually, seems to be changing.
Root for sure, Perry and Hulk as passengers (Perry you can come by my house and ride up with me if you like!, PM me for the addy), seems like a couple others expressed interest.

Actually with less than 1/2 dozen trucks, it will be easier!

So if you are going, please post up!

Channel 4, meet at Grant at 9AM (leave the metro area by 8 at the latest).

Thanks for the offer Bill. Need to see if I can round up some winter clothes(i.e, find mine from storage). I'll let you know what my plan is by friday:thumb: . With FUF the night before, could be an interesting morning:eek:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
The run is this Saturday right?? Wouldnt mind joining along but would have to hitch a ride. Anybody up for putting up with me:hill: . First thing though, need to see if I have my winter close handy, hopefully there not packed away:eek: . Thaks in advance:beer:

Perry I will put up with you:lmao: . I would love to here about your trip to Ireland.
I'm in so that is what 3 trucks 2 pasengers?

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Sorry to bail on you guys. Based on the snow up Yankee hill. I'm not sure I'd get too far. So, I'm working that day instead.

Hey all! 'Root informed me of this run yesterday...and today I got my Wifie's Stamp of Approval! YEAH! We'll be there, count on it! I'll be bringing the '02 Taco.

It'll be me, my wife, and our 3.5 yr old who's totally jazzed about taking his own shovel!

I'll bring towstraps, chains and the HiLift...as always! Anyone else comming up from Colo Spgs?