Guanella Pass Snow Bash

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Probably around 7:30 or so. I don't have my CB in the GMC yet but I'll fire up the CB in the 40 when I get to Grant. I'll have my cell on.

Does anyone have a torch handy? I was thinking we should bring one in case we get ice in the bead.

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Good luck folks! Wish I was going. Gonna be a windy day so get-r-done early! :thumb: :thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
hoping someone has a seat...i'll be riding up with treeroot. call me if you've got a seat. 303 416 0362. call anytime.[/

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We'll be there!! And we'll bring a video camera, and BEER!

Note to all: Rising Sun runs all trails completely dry. If you bring beer, please save it for after the run is complete.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
hoping someone has a seat...i'll be riding up with treeroot. call me if you've got a seat. 303 416 0362. call anytime.[/

Yeah, thanks for that 6am wake up call today:eek: :rolleyes: :rant: . Though it was nice havin a alarm clock:hill:

I'm well aware that the trails are alcohol-free. Thats a no-brainer. Thanks for the reply though!

LandBruiser

Lifted
Note to all: Rising Sun runs all trails completely dry. If you bring beer, please save it for after the run is complete.

Naw, I'll pass on that! Unless were camping.

Wow, members obey RS trail rules and regulations more strictly than the federal and state laws. Your hardcore!

I would rather roll my truck on the trail, than :boozer: and a DUI!

Now that I think about it, I would sooner have my hand winched through a fairlead than have another DUI.

Note to self: Drink alcohol just before we hit the trail.:hill:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I think Jason's jingling our chains, whaddya think?:p:

Heck, we're so hardcore, if ya smell of booze before the trail we might just hafta lash you to the bezel (upside down bezel, mind you) of an FJ40 as penance, just to keep the trails safe!

CSP has nuttin' on us...

Jason should've brought chains! :) J/K!!! Mine were the wrong damn size....so who am I to talk ?? ? :)

A

angelseleven

For the past couple of years the road as been plowed up to the Geneva Park C.G. turn-off (I think it's FR119, it goes up to Duck Creek picnic area). This is the north side of the big park where the Abyss Lake T.H. is, before you begin to climb towards the summit. Beyond that there are a few switchbacks and all the new shelf road construction they are doing. Around Jan of last year it took me all 4 chains and both lockers to get up to the old ski area (that was our destination) and I had to shovel a couple of drifts that were hood high on my truck. It shouldn't be much of a problem with a couple of truck bashing, though.
Hi Red

Please don't give up on Guanella Pass! You guys are enlightened, county commissioners can become enlightened as well. Although there is a method to my madness, I would appreciate talking/emailing to you about this use of your National Forests and public roads.

julie holmes
angelseleven@earthlink.net

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Email sent!