Ghost Town Run 2020

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
We are full of mixed emotions to share that sadly we will not make it to Ghost Town 2020 ......
Above all we were both looking forward to being with all of you.
I have informed Perry.

THIS just happened and we fly to Boise Friday morning July 24th to drive her home (maybe via Yellowstone!). Anna gets her first LC.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2687238398267535/
So hopefully an acceptable excuse? :bowdown: :woot:

Screenshot Marketplace - 2004 GX 470 SOLD.png

3rdgen

New-ish
I regretfully have to bow out. We are cancelling our summer CO trip this year. We are concerned about masks still being required at a couple outdoor areas we were planning on attending with the kids. Instead we will just have more on the water with the inlaws boat this year. Was looking forward to the event too...

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok. So 3rdGen and 3rdGen4r are different people. Consider 3rdGen4r a go.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Perry,

Going to have to back out, dental appointment. It was either this Friday or 6 months to get in. Luckily just a cleaning.

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are stoked for this one! We would like to head down to the Aguilar area Thursday, camp that night and meet up Friday. Any recommendations for camping spots in the area? Anyone else doing the same? Time frame for meet up in Aguilar Friday?

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
We are stoked for this one! We would like to head down to the Aguilar area Thursday, camp that night and meet up Friday. Any recommendations for camping spots in the area? Anyone else doing the same? Time frame for meet up in Aguilar Friday?
. We’re planning on heading down around 3ish Thursday if you want to convoy. We’ll be going the 470-I25 route as we live near Bandimere.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
. We’re planning on heading down around 3ish Thursday if you want to convoy. We’ll be going the 470-I25 route as we live near Bandimere.

I was thinking I would head out after dinner with the wife on thursday. So sometime around 6pm. Maybe I can meet up with you guys if you find a good place to camp.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
@DomOfTheDead We'd be interested in finding a place on Thursday too. Public land seems pretty limited outside of FS lands. The little BLM there is mostly inaccessible IIRC.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@bh4rnnr Perry, We are out. We are doing some home projects this weekend.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
We are out unfortunately also. I am sorry for the late notice.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Well, I for one am still in. I’m planning on being down in the area at some point by Thursday night.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Looks like I was wrong about making it out Thursday. We'll see everyone in Aguilar in the AM Fri.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are off Thursday so we will be heading down mid day to set up and beat traffic. We can look for a big spot to support anyone heading down Thursday and we can meet up when you arrive. We were looking at the area @dan1554 suggests CR421.1 (37.460505, -105.132526). That way we are not too far from the meet up friday. Does this work? @Stuckinthe80s @3rdGen4R @TheHoneyBadger

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We are off Thursday so we will be heading down mid day to set up and beat traffic. We can look for a big spot to support anyone heading down Thursday and we can meet up when you arrive. We were looking at the area @dan1554 suggests CR421.1 (37.460505, -105.132526). That way we are not too far from the meet up friday. Does this work? @Stuckinthe80s @3rdGen4R @TheHoneyBadger

Sounds good to me. I will be leaving from Denver after dinner with the wife on Thursday.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
If for any reasons at all and space available. I am 20 min away, have a little knowledge about the area. Would love to meet any/all of you, do a little exploration. A last minute call, no sweat.

Things seem to be opening up, would love to have you along again!

We are full of mixed emotions to share that sadly we will not make it to Ghost Town 2020 ......
Above all we were both looking forward to being with all of you.
I have informed Perry.

THIS just happened and we fly to Boise Friday morning July 24th to drive her home (maybe via Yellowstone!). Anna gets her first LC.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2687238398267535/
So hopefully an acceptable excuse? :bowdown::woot:

View attachment 87014

Awesome! Look forward to the build.

I regretfully have to bow out. We are cancelling our summer CO trip this year. We are concerned about masks still being required at a couple outdoor areas we were planning on attending with the kids. Instead we will just have more on the water with the inlaws boat this year. Was looking forward to the event too...

Bummer to hear you guys are canceling! But understand with the current state of things. Hope you guys have fun with the closer to home trip!

Ok. So 3rdGen and 3rdGen4r are different people. Consider 3rdGen4r a go.

I realized that as well. But looks like both of you have posted up about current state of attending, so thanks!

Perry,

Going to have to back out, dental appointment. It was either this Friday or 6 months to get in. Luckily just a cleaning.

Bummer Mike. Dental work is never any fun...

I'll be posting time meet up in a separate post. Looking forward to having you guys on the run!

Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking I would head out after dinner with the wife on thursday. So sometime around 6pm. Maybe I can meet up with you guys if you find a good place to camp.
@DomOfTheDead We'd be interested in finding a place on Thursday too. Public land seems pretty limited outside of FS lands. The little BLM there is mostly inaccessible IIRC.

I was looking at those GPS coordinates Dan gave out, just be careful if you go that way, looks like some private buildings close by.

@bh4rnnr Perry, We are out. We are doing some home projects this weekend.
We are out unfortunately also. I am sorry for the late notice.

Sorry you guys can't make it!

@DomOfTheDead There appears to be some good spots along CR421.1 (37.460505, -105.132526) near La Veta. Just means a little over an hours drive in the AM. Open to better options.

Again, careful of this area. Not to down on you Dan, but looks like some privste buildings close by.

Well, I for one am still in. I’m planning on being down in the area at some point by Thursday night.

:cool:

Sounds good to me. I will be leaving from Denver after dinner with the wife on Thursday.

One thought, and Dave, "Old40Dog" sent out a private message to the group. Check out the email, as that would be a better spot to consider for Thursday night..

Sorry for slacking on getting back to everyone. Busy.

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr

Here is my update for the GTR. Super excited for the run!

Meet up time: 9:30am.

Where: : The old building that currently serves as the Apishapa Valley Heritage center for Aguilar, CO.

My current plan for Thursday night: Currently planning to be at the cabin that evening after work. It's been a few weeks for me since being up there. Out of the way yes, but need a visit. Plan to leave Evergreen area around 6am (probably earlier) if anyone want's to carpool. Will monitor the usual ham frequency.

Again, really looking forward to this trip!

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
@bh4rnnr Looks like RVs to me? Not sure what private buildings would be doing in FS land. Also appears to be plenty of spots up the road.

bh4rnnr

@dan1554 Looking at Google Earth, just seemed like it was close to some kind of current/future development? Seeing the Rv's/buildings had me worried for that spot. Did see that there might be some possibilities further up.

:beer::beer: