• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Ghost Town Run 2020

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
We can sort that out. I can run APRS if you have HAM. Can also arrange to send coordinates via Garmin InReach

APRS works for me. Do you want to pick a repeater frequency or should we just use one of the rising sun usual frequencies?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have to give up my spot once again this year. :mad:
Wife booked us a camping trip up to the Black Hills the same weekend (and she won the argument). Maybe next year. :unsure:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Wife booked us a camping trip up to the Black Hills the same weekend (and she won the argument). Maybe next year. :unsure:

That's a problem worth having - but you will be missed!

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Why, why can I never seen to make it to this one?! My 4Runner will be in the body shop on those days so unfortunately I'll have to miss out on this one....again! :mad:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Is there a GPS track planned yet? I'd be interested to check one out if available.

I'm still using paper maps ( ok, with some Google Earth). So either you'll have to wait for the run or use these highlights: Cordova Pass, Spanish Peaks, Hermit Pass and the Cloverdale Mine.

Ah bummer you cant make it! The Black Hills are fun though. Should be a good time of year to be out there, and a lot less snow than when we were out there.

Why, why can I never seen to make it to this one?! My 4Runner will be in the body shop on those days so unfortunately I'll have to miss out on this one....again! :mad:

Bummer Dan! Glad to hear your getting the 4runner fixed!

So realized I haven't posted in this thread in a bit. Getting excited for the run now that summer is upon us ( even if things aren't quiet back to normal).

As for the run, planning on one main change- rally point. Now that i'm back to work and doing 5 day work weeks instead of 4, i'm going to head down Thursday after work and plan on camping some place close by. The rally point for Friday the 24th is still the same: The old building that currently serves as the Apishapa Valley Heritage center for Aguilar, CO. I do have Sunday off so planning to be there for the full weekend.

Here is my current list of attendees/ wait list. Please chime in if you can make it or not, so others may be able to join.

Attending:
@TheHoneyBadger
@Squishy!
@Inukshuk
@rover67
@dan1554
@Stuckinthe80s
@3rdgen
@FunkyYota
@DomOfTheDead
@baileyfj40
@DanielChase
@LARGEONE
@JadeRunner?

Waitlist:
@JeffForSale
@kurtnkegger
@BC9392
@J1000
@Mendocino

I'm talking with my Dad about doing another poster for the run. Looking forward to this trip!!

:beer::beer:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the update. So was this originally to start with meeting early Thursday, maybe even camping Wednesday night July 22rd to make it easier to meet early the 23rd? So you are shortening the trip by a day, or am I confused?

Aguilar is three hours from Denver by highway, so meet at what time?

https://spanishpeakscountry.com/the-apishapa-valley-heritage-center/ looks cool. "open Thursday through Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm and also by appointment by calling 719-680-1393" 151 Main Street, Aguilar, CO 81020

People who have Thursday already blocked off for this trip, unless I am confused, I'd still be up to still meet or leave early Thursday or camp Wednesday night.

bh4rnnr

Thanks for the update. So was this originally to start with meeting early Thursday, maybe even camping Wednesday night July 22rd to make it easier to meet early the 23rd? So you are shortening the trip by a day, or am I confused?

Aguilar is three hours from Denver by highway, so meet at what time?

https://spanishpeakscountry.com/the-apishapa-valley-heritage-center/ looks cool. "open Thursday through Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm and also by appointment by calling 719-680-1393" 151 Main Street, Aguilar, CO 81020

People who have Thursday already blocked off for this trip, unless I am confused, I'd still be up to still meet or leave early Thursday or camp Wednesday night.

Thursday was planned to be a pre meet up to the official run. Me trying to make the most of the weekend, but now that i'm working that day....

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately I have had something come up this weekend and I'll need to bail on this run.

I hope this is enough notice that someone on the waitlist can take my spot!

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
I'm still on the wait list, but have to drop out. One of my co-workers took vacation time, and I have to cover...

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’d like to be put on the waitlist. I thought I signed up for this but don’t see a record of it.

bh4rnnr

Unfortunately I have had something come up this weekend and I'll need to bail on this run.

I hope this is enough notice that someone on the waitlist can take my spot!

Sorry that you can't make it!!

I'm still on the wait list, but have to drop out. One of my co-workers took vacation time, and I have to cover...

Thanks for the heads up Kurt, hope you guys have a fun time. You'll be missed!

I’d like to be put on the waitlist. I thought I signed up for this but don’t see a record of it.

Got you on the to go list ( just spelled your forum name wrong)...

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Please pull me off the wait list unfortunately won't be able to make it.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Damn...I hope there is someone that can go in my place, but this kitchen pass just got revoked. I can no longer make this run. So sorry for the late drop but my 80+ year old parents sold their house and are moving. They think they are moving themselves!!! Family is heading to help them.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Damn...I hope there is someone that can go in my place, but this kitchen pass just got revoked. I can no longer make this run. So sorry for the late drop but my 80+ year old parents sold their house and are moving. They think they are moving themselves!!! Family is heading to help them.
Bummer - and of course you have to help the folks!

Please pull me off the wait list unfortunately won't be able to make it.
Ruining our streak of trips this summer!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have CB installed and no HAM or any other type radio. CB ok this trip?

bh4rnnr

I have CB installed and no HAM or any other type radio. CB ok this trip?

I don't have CB installed. We'll make it work for you one way or another!

I'll be in the area.

146.460?

Well be on 146 unless the Space station traffic gets to be too much. Come by and join us if you can!

bh4rnnr

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
If for any reasons at all and space available. I am 20 min away, have a little knowledge about the area. Would love to meet any/all of you, do a little exploration. A last minute call, no sweat.