• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Ghost Town Run 2020

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
A bit excited for this years route. Getting down south to some places i've been wanting to spend more time at. I'm still going over the maps and figuring it all out, but should be another fun trip.

The w's:

When: July 23rd-26th:

Update: Instead of an early meet up on the 23rd of July, i'll be heading down after work and camping that evening. with the plans to meet up Friday in the am in Aguilar, CO.

Where:

Rally point: Friday morning the 24th: The old building that currently serves as the Apishapa Valley Heritage center for Aguilar, CO. Focus this year is the Spanish Peaks and the East side of the Sangre de Christos.

Limiting the run to 12 rigs. With Travis and I being leaders.

Attending:

@TheHoneyBadger
@Squishy!
@Inukshuk
@rover67
@dan1554
@Stuckinthe80s
@3rdGen4R
@DomOfTheDead
@baileyfj40
@DanielChase
@Old40Dog

Waitlist:

@JeffForSale -?
@BC9392 -?
@Mendocino -?

For those on the wait list and you are able to make it, willing to be a bit flexible just to make sure your able to come along......

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
IN! I’m super stoked. I’ve been anticipating GTR 2020 ever since the day after GTR 2019.

I’ll take Thursday and Friday off and head out with you on Thursday. Might even take Monday off and go solo for a day... we’ll see.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
14th FJ Summit will be July 15-19, 2020. No conflict.

You mean La Veta, right? Cool area to explore. I may still have a contact with the owner of a large ranch in that area for private land camping.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
IN!

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Perry, dang, Kim and I are going back to NY in July. There is a great trail up to Trenchera peak, let me know if you need more info on it. Beautiful area, sorry we will miss this one.

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I've missed out on the last 2 Ghost Town Run's, hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Possible this year. Would we be camping at one base camp?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member

I don’t believe so. We’ll be covering quite a bit of ground from the Spanish Peaks up through the Sange De Christo range.

bh4rnnr

IN! I’m super stoked. I’ve been anticipating GTR 2020 ever since the day after GTR 2019.

I’ll take Thursday and Friday off and head out with you on Thursday. Might even take Monday off and go solo for a day... we’ll see.

Awesome buddy!

14th FJ Summit will be July 15-19, 2020. No conflict.

You mean La Veta, right? Cool area to explore. I may still have a contact with the owner of a large ranch in that area for private land camping.

Yes. La Veta. Typo. That would be fun to do some more private land camping!

On the list.

Perry, dang, Kim and I are going back to NY in July. There is a great trail up to Trenchera peak, let me know if you need more info on it. Beautiful area, sorry we will miss this one.

Ah dang Brian!! Well miss ya guys!

I'd love to join with Allison and Mila (2.5). Lemme talk to Al.

Awesome Marco! Be fun to have Mila along for the run.

I've missed out on the last 2 Ghost Town Run's, hopefully 3rd times the charm.

Hope you make it this year! Got you on the list.

I don’t believe so. We’ll be covering quite a bit of ground from the Spanish Peaks up through the Sange De Christo range.

Brian, Honeybadger is correct, we will be moving camp each night, as we have a bit of round to cover. Hope you can make it.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I'd love to go on this! Hated that we missed last year. Always a family favorite! Pencil me in Perry!

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Ahh and I just saw where this will be at. Aguilar is a fun spot, lots of historic buildings, and had a few establishments on the main street but it seems like the place is indeed a ghost town these days. Ludlow is a prime stop too. And even though its not offroad, all of highway 12 between trinidad and la veta is worth the drive. I haven't done much backroad exploring in the area so Im really excited for this. Also happy the GT run is going south again. Just hope I can get the cruiser back together in time.

3rdgen

New-ish
I'd would to tag along on this trail run if possible. Im new to this forum but not new to the wheeling community or CO. My family has a place up near Breck and my wife and I with our 3 kids (ages 8,6, and 4) have visit CO at least 3 sometimes 4 times a year. For the past 8 years I have been itching to bring a 4wd and run the passes. It was finally decided that our youngest old enough to handle the truck time and we brought the Sequoia. In the past we would rent a minivan for the drive from Chicago to Breck due to that we would bring our Mastiff and sitting in a car all day with our youngest to do trails wasn't realistic. Our July trip is typically our CO road warrior vacation. Unfortunately with the snow last year, the majority if not all of the passes in the summit county region were still closed in mid July last year but we still attempted Tin Cup, Mosquito, Wheeler Lake, and Peak 10 in Breck to see how far we could get.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are in for this one for this one! Sounds like a lot of fun

bh4rnnr

We're in!

Yeah!!

I'd love to go on this! Hated that we missed last year. Always a family favorite! Pencil me in Perry!

You and me both!
Awesome!

Ahh and I just saw where this will be at. Aguilar is a fun spot, lots of historic buildings, and had a few establishments on the main street but it seems like the place is indeed a ghost town these days. Ludlow is a prime stop too. And even though its not offroad, all of highway 12 between trinidad and la veta is worth the drive. I haven't done much backroad exploring in the area so Im really excited for this. Also happy the GT run is going south again. Just hope I can get the cruiser back together in time.

Fun to know:).

I'd would to tag along on this trail run if possible. Im new to this forum but not new to the wheeling community or CO. My family has a place up near Breck and my wife and I with our 3 kids (ages 8,6, and 4) have visit CO at least 3 sometimes 4 times a year. For the past 8 years I have been itching to bring a 4wd and run the passes. It was finally decided that our youngest old enough to handle the truck time and we brought the Sequoia. In the past we would rent a minivan for the drive from Chicago to Breck due to that we would bring our Mastiff and sitting in a car all day with our youngest to do trails wasn't realistic. Our July trip is typically our CO road warrior vacation. Unfortunately with the snow last year, the majority if not all of the passes in the summit county region were still closed in mid July last year but we still attempted Tin Cup, Mosquito, Wheeler Lake, and Peak 10 in Breck to see how far we could get.

Got you on the list and hope you can make the run!

I'd like to join if there's still space.

Your in!

We are in for this one for this one! Sounds like a lot of fun

Awesome. Your on the list!

Well, that makes a FULL Ghost Town Run! Especially since @Squishy is going ( and hopefully @JadeRunner)

Looking forward to the run!

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Thinking seriously about joining in.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
My wife's Courage Classic event is one week earlier this year, so this actually works for once. If there's room still, put me on the list.