• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

*Fourth Annual Ghost Town Run!* July 19th & 20, 2008

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
T-minus 2 hours and the Brisket is going on the smoker 5.75 pounds of heaven 10 to 14 hours of smoke and a little Love. Yummm yummmm cant wait For GTR dinner :thumb:

Holy Smokes!:eek::bowdown::cool::beer::beer:

P.S: I'll be heading out with Neil friday night. Cant wait for this run!!!!!!!!

Friday morning we plan to drive from the Sand Dunes NP up through Waunita pass to show up at the campsite around noon. If no one is there, we will attempt a call on CB ch.4 and drive to Hancock with our shovels. If plans change drastically between now and then, I'd appreciate it if someone could leave a message on my cell phone.

Colorado or bust!

Last edited:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
T-minus 2 hours and the Brisket is going on the smoker 5.75 pounds of heaven 10 to 14 hours of smoke and a little Love. Yummm yummmm cant wait For GTR dinner :thumb:

Woah! :) You've upped the dinner ante. Now I'm going to have come up with something other than my PB & J.

Friday morning we plan to drive from the Sand Dunes NP up through Waunita pass to show up at the campsite around noon. If no one is there, we will attempt a call on CB ch.4 and drive to Hancock with our shovels. If plans change drastically between now and then, I'd appreciate it if someone could leave a message on my cell phone.

There should be lots of Toyotas in the area. Just keep your CB on and wave like a crazy person whenever you see a Cruiser or Dark-sider-mobile and we're sure to find you. :hill:

Riding shotgun on the RedChili Express!

Whoot, my first RS wheeling event. Since my wife will have TruckWagon this weekend at an all women DS motorcycle clinic, I'll be riding along with the RedChili!

Cheers!

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
We're t-minus 1 hour to leave time. As far as I have heard, my last correspondence was from Steve with the SRD and Janice from GRd and they have given the cautious go-ahead.

We need to be extra ccareful as to not make any erosion damage. We will travel through the wet/snowy areas as light and careful as possible.

See everyone there!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
FWIW, leave a message for Bill naming who gave you permission. Just sayin'.

Gtr

Been reading the posts and this sounds like a great time. First time with RS and looking forward to it. Not to be a pest.... One item to mention now that PB&J was brought up, please let us know if there are any nuts besides the drivers around at the campsite dinner. My daughter is highly alergic and don't see any hospitals near by. She is pretty funny about it. She will let you know about it real quick. Thanks. Can't wait.

Kenny

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Kenny, you're not alone as far as nuts are concerned, hopefully the contents will be obvious and don't be shy to bring it up at dinner.

Also, just got a text message from Groucho, as follows:

the shoveling will begin between 9 and 10am on friday.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey, let us know if we need to leave our nuts at home. Really.

That didn't come out right...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey, let us know if we need to leave our nuts at home. Really.

That didn't come out right...

Well before this really turns for the gutter I'll just say no, but don't leave them laying around where my son play with them, and keep them the heck away from RedCreeper's daughter! :eek: :bolt:

BTW we're planning on doing kabobs for dinner on Saturday.. :p: :beer:

Nutty Subject

Sorry did not mean to start anything or sound nasty or over protective. Just know it can be a serious issue for some. Had a sitter of hers give the other kids peanut butter crackers before my daughter really knew how serious it was and got a hold of one and ended up in the hospital for the day. I appreciate all the help and concern with this. I'm with Nakeman just want to make folks aware of it and to please be careful with leaving them lying around. Even the passed out ones. Haha

On another subject who is bringing what for the pot luck? Or what is needed?

Thanks again.

Kenny

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
can't cook, so chips and cookies.

rigs mostly loaded up, filling my 7gln water can now. finish laundry and off to nighty night.

bvb

I've got 2 dutch ovens 1 with cherry and 1 with peach cobbler..........some :beer::beer:

Food

This will be my first time and not sure how much to bring but depending on how my wife feels i think i might bring something fitting for the Rising Sun name. mmmmmmmm

See you guys saturday morning.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Sorry did not mean to start anything or sound nasty or over protective. Just know it can be a serious issue for some.
Not at all, Kenny. Squishy's girlfriend's brother can die if exposed to someone who even has handled a peanut! Not to be taken lightly.

Though I was kidding around, I was serious too: please let us know if your daughter is as sensitive as Squishy's girlfriend's brother!

Red Chilli
Not sure if she is or not. We have done a pretty good job of being aware. At least i like to think so. I know the one time it happend at her sitter she just grabbed the cracker and licked it and said she dont like it. Her toungue got numb and it was a ride to the hospital for her. We were at a Rockies game and she did pretty well as long as she not in it so i don't think she is that sensative but it did take a quarter of a half piece of a cashew when she was a baby for us to find out. Dont want to find out again. I think with me being a diabetic and her nut alergy we have the pharmacy covered though. Thanks for everyone looking out. Look forward to wheeling with everyone. Thanks again.
Jones Family

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I am not sure. We will be heading up from the Pitkin side. My guess is that it would be better to start earlier due to t-storms in the afternoon. I'm guessing between 9AM and 10AM on Friday.

For those with HAM, we will be monitoring 146.460MhZ. If you come from the St Elmo side and we have anything to shovel on the west side, just give a hollar.

I'm heading out the door now. Our caravan will not get up to the pass to shovel by 9 or 10 but we'll see you all soon. :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Red Chilli
Not sure if she is or not.
If she had a peanut-specific allergy, you would know. Anaphylactic shock. Followed by death if not arrested. AFAIK a simple nut allergy can progress to something like this, so she is lucky to have great and aware parents! :thumb: