• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Exploring Victor, CO. June 19-20th 2020

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Perry, I think we have to pass

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I should still be good to go. My parents are visiting that week but should be leaving out Friday morning so it will work out great! I'll let you know if anything changes.

Thanks Perry!

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
@kurtnkegger I am not sure when I can get away on the 12th - have business mid-day but lets get a crew together and not have your vaca time go to waste

Daniel, we're taking the trailer up to Green Mountain Reservoir for a couple of nights that week. If we can't get together, at least my time won't go wasted!

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
I will not be able to attend. I really apreciate you holding a spot tho - very admirable

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Perry, I think we have to pass

Bummer Marco!

I should still be good to go. My parents are visiting that week but should be leaving out Friday morning so it will work out great! I'll let you know if anything changes.

Glad you can make it Nic!

Thanks Perry!
I will not be able to attend. I really apreciate you holding a spot tho - very admirable

Sorry you cant make it. Figure least I could do since postponing the train trip.

:beer::beer:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Perry, I'm not going to make it. One of the scouts for whom I am an Eagle mentor will be doing his Eagle scout project that Friday. Sorry to bail, man.

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Hey buddy, my work schedule changed and I am going to have to pass on this one. Thank you for all you do!

bh4rnnr

Sweet Chase!

Perry, I'm not going to make it. One of the scouts for whom I am an Eagle mentor will be doing his Eagle scout project that Friday. Sorry to bail, man.

Bummer man! Will rock out to some Pearl Jam in your honor.

Hey buddy, my work schedule changed and I am going to have to pass on this one. Thank you for all you do!

Bummer buddy! Hopefully we can meet up sometime this year!

bh4rnnr

Getting excited for this trip- just ordered some new gear that should arrive Wed.:cool:

Regarding the run, lets plan on meeting up Friday morning the 19th in Canon City at 9:30am. Hopefully this will leave enough time for everyone to get there. Well meet at the Royal Gorge Regional Museum in Canon City. From there, we will head up Phantom Canyon to Victor and start exploring. Have a camp figured out for Friday night. We'll just see how things go. I'll need to bug out mid day Saturday to get back to Denver and ready for work on Sunday.

Here is my current list for who's going:

Going:

@Corbet
@Old40Dog
@midna
@J1000
@FJCDan
@dan1554
@Lars
@Inukshuk
@Stuckinthe80s
@DanielChase

Maybe:

@baileyfj40

I heart summer.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
I was only a maybe, but some stuff to do with my mother's estate. I'm out.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I’m out, can’t make it based on work load.
I was only a maybe, but some stuff to do with my mother's estate. I'm out.

Sorry to hear for you both.

Looks like we should depart central Denver by 7AM. I'm calling a convoy. At a minimum the four Daniel's. I can pick up to-go $2 burritos

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
FYI...Mine tours are suspended due to Wuhan Virus concerns. There are several museums open. Gold Camp Museum and Lowell Thomas Victor Museum, open 10 AM-5 PM Daily, admission is $7. Gold Camp Museum has lots of vintage mining equipment. The Victor Lowell Thomas Museum is an original 1899 building that houses two floors of artifacts, books, exhibits and photographs depicting the life in Victor from its beginnings to the heyday of gold mining. The museum also displays memorabilia once owned by famous journalist, author and world traveler, Lowell Thomas.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
We're planning on camping Thursday night as well. So we'll probably just find a spot in the area and either head down to canon city that morn or hang out and meet in the Victor area.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
We're planning on camping Thursday night as well. So we'll probably just find a spot in the area and either head down to canon city that morn or hang out and meet in the Victor area.

Daniel, You and any of the others are more than welcome to join Rachel, Idelle and me here at our place near Cotopaxi Thursday night. We're about 45 minutes West of Canon City. We've got plenty of room here. Dave

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Is there room for me on this outing still? Plans changed and it turns out that I am available this weekend to go. It would be just myself.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Is there room for me on this outing still? Plans changed and it turns out that I am available this weekend to go. It would be just myself.

Perry says yes by phone (he's not at computer) "Cool!"