• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Cruise Moab 2024 Trail Leaders and Gunners!!!

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE!!!!! I've added the Current List of Needs below!

Ok here it is folks!

Here is the current "List of Needs" for this years Cruise Moab Trail Leaders and Gunners. Please EMAIL Trailboss@Cruisemoab.com if you see something you would like to volunteer for! I have this document printed and will be bringing it to the meeting tonight, you can also sign up directly with me then as well.

****Also remember for each trail you LEAD you will get an extra raffle ticket!****

Hey folks its that time again!!!! I am trying to get a head start this year on fillings TL/TG spots.

If you are wanting to snag a leader or gunner spot on a specific trail please shoot me an email at TrailBoss@CruiseMoab.com I pull requests on a first come first serve basis, so get yours in quick! If you have a specific day you'd like please include that as well. If you have a number of trails and/days you are willing to do that's great too! please list them in order of preference for each day. I will do my very best to get the early birds what they want. If your late to the party then I can only give what I have available. If you just want to help out and don't really have a preference that's ok too! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

You may also use the Trail Leader Interest Form on the Cruise Moab website found below

*Note if you have already emailed me you are good. I will be reaching out and responding to those emails in the upcoming weeks.

I would like to thank everyone who has volunteered in the past and future volunteers. Cruise Moab would not be what it is without all our amazing Leaders and Gunners!

:risingsun

Attachments

• 2024 Cruise Moab Trail Schedule and Leaders_Gunners - Leader_Gunner Needed (8).pdf
    48.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is Lockhart basin going to be offered as an overnight trial run for 2024? If it is, I would volunteer to lead it and Pedro. Martins would be the gunner. Thanks, Roy, West, Wahsatch Cruisers.
It is! I have your email, you'll get a response to that email soon, working my way down the list and then I'll be sending out formal confirmation emails as it gets closer before trail registration.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I can’t make the trail leader PreRun. I’ve only been to CM once. I’m not comfortable leading a trail I’ve only done once or I’ve never done.

I will a tail gunner for Scott Tate in Friday for Fins & Things
Gotta send your request to trailboss@cruisemoab.com!

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
I can’t make the trail leader PreRun. I’ve only been to CM once. I’m not comfortable leading a trail I’ve only done once or I’ve never done.

I will a tail gunner for Scott Tate in Friday for Fins & Things
are you able to get out there 1 or 2 days early? If so, you could pre run fins and things. A handful of people are out there early and should be able to find someone to go with. Dom and I have done this.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
X2! I will be out there a week early and we will also be out there during spring break sometime, I think a week or so after the pre-run. I know we will be running Fins

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
We are working on that currently. Porcupine Rim is one we have had issues finding leaders in the past and I know at least one day is still needed.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We should have a final list of needs ready and posted by the end of the week, stay tuned!!

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I saw on the CM/Vehicle Requirements section that CM attendees often gets discounts on FRS radios. Is Midland offering CM registrants discounts this year?

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I saw on the CM/Vehicle Requirements section that CM attendees often gets discounts on FRS radios. Is Midland offering CM registrants discounts this year?
I *think that might have been a one time deal, If I find out otherwise I'll let you know!

Reactions: Ann

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I *think that might have been a one time deal, If I find out otherwise I'll let you know!
@Ann Unfortunately that was just for 2022 since that was the year we moved to just FRS/GMRS Radios.
1708550059976.png

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks. I should have noticed that was a relic from 2 years ago.
all good! it would't be a bad idea to try and get another group buy discount code since we have so many new members now....

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
@Ann lets talk direct and I'll be happy to give you guidance on radios.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Happy Hump Day everyone. :)

Hey I am helping Lisa out with some Trail Boss duties (assistant TO the trail boss) and wanted to post up a few trails we still need leaders on:

Thursday - Copper Ridge, Deadman Springs/Point, Gold Bar Rim
Friday - Gemini Bridges, Moab Rim, Porcupine Rim
Saturday - Kane Creek, Porcupine Rim

If you are not 100 percent comfortable with any of these trails, but still want to maybe lead them, come to the Pre-Run March15-17 and we can make sure we run the trail! Well, maybe not Porcupine Rim until the snow melts...

Shoot an email to trailboss@cruisemoab.com if you are up for leading any of these trails! We will have an updated list at the meeting next week for leaders and gunners.

Thanks all!

Tim

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Happy Hump Day everyone. :)

Hey I am helping Lisa out with some Trail Boss duties (assistant TO the trail boss) and wanted to post up a few trails we still need leaders on:

Thursday - Copper Ridge, Deadman Springs/Point, Gold Bar Rim
Friday - Gemini Bridges, Moab Rim, Porcupine Rim
Saturday - Kane Creek, Porcupine Rim

If you are not 100 percent comfortable with any of these trails, but still want to maybe lead them, come to the Pre-Run March15-17 and we can make sure we run the trail! Well, maybe not Porcupine Rim until the snow melts...

Shoot an email to trailboss@cruisemoab.com if you are up for leading any of these trails! We will have an updated list at the meeting next week for leaders and gunners.

Thanks all!

Tim
Thanks Tim for all your help on this!