• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cruise Moab 2022

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
We have made the official announcement on Cruise Moab 2022 dates. We sent an email to all 1500+ people on the Cruise Moab email list.
Here's what we said:

New dates for 2022...​

Wednesday, April 27 - Sunday, May 1, 2022

Pre-runs start Monday, April 25

Are these new dates?
Yes. We had originally posted that Cruise Moab would be held the 3rd week of April. We had a miscommunication issue (our fault) with the Old Spanish Trail Arena, our HQ for the event — they had us in the calendar for the 4th week of April. We recently got approval from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for the new dates. We wanted to make sure you knew the new official dates now, in case you are planning on coming to the 2022 event.

What will Cruise Moab 2022 look like?
The last couple of years have been unusual to say the least:
  • The 2020 event was canceled for the first time ever due to the outbreak of COVID-19 a month before the event
  • Our 2021 event was a smaller, bare-bones, trail-run-only event with no vendor night, no group dinner, and no raffle. We had a great time running trails and hanging out by the campfire, of course.
We are excited to announce that we are planning for Cruise Moab to return to full awesomeness for 2022!That means:
  • All the trail runs, including multiple choices for overnight runs
  • Our biggest and best vendor night ever
  • A delicious BBQ group dinner
  • The famous raffle with top-notch prizes from the most prestigious 4x4 brands, outfitters, and shops
  • A massive campfire that will probably be seen from outer space
  • Unique swag and official merchandise, available only at the event
  • Camping right at the Old Spanish Trail Arena so you can hang out with old friends and make new ones. And yes, we're planning to have the shower truck again in 2022 so you can wash off the trail dust.
If that isn't enough, this is the 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF CRUISE MOAB! We have special things we're working on to make the 2022 event the best Cruise Moab ever. Seriously. You won't want to miss this one!

When will registration open?
We're planning to open registration on February 1, 2022. Don't worry, friend — you're already on our early notification list. We'll make sure you get a timely reminder in advance with all the details.

If someone forwarded this to you, join the Cruise Moab email list yourself so you don't miss a thing.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you in Moab in April 2022!​

Can’t wait! It’s going to be an awesome event!!

Oneops

FC0B7F8B-9BCD-412F-8413-972581F69052.jpeg

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I believe they have some spots for RVs. You can call Old Spanish Trail Arena to discuss your options and reserve a space.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Are motorhomes allowed at the arena/camping area?

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! I didn't realize there was already a website for 2022!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for! I didn't realize there was already a website for 2022!
same site as always, it just has been updated for the 2022 event.

-dirt-

Brand New
Is TLCA membership required at the time of registration, or just prior to the actual event? Thanks!

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
You need to put your TLCA membership number and expiration date to complete the form.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Is TLCA membership required at the time of registration, or just prior to the actual event? Thanks!
If you want to register for CM first, you can enter 99999 in as your TLCA number. You'll need to join TLCA pretty quick thereafter, otherwise you'll get a bunch of emails from us asking for your TLCA member number.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We are planning to open registration at 12Noon on Feb. 1, 2022.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

dehru

Wincher
I’m kinda new to wheelin’ and this group. And I’ve never been to an event like this. I think I’m attending by myself because the kids are in school that week and the wife will stay home to wrangle their various kid activities.

Has anyone gone by themselves? I won’t have a spotter. Would you still recommend wheeling solo at this event?

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
You will be in a group of trucks on the trail. Plenty of people willing to help spot etc. There can also be someone in front of you here you can watch the line they use. Perfect for going alone, because you will be with other Toyota enthusiasts.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You'll have a blast going by yourself. You'll have a whole new group of friends by the end of the first day.

dehru

Wincher
Thanks guys. And it sounds like the tent camping will put me in the middle of the action. Is the campfire there on the racetrack?

And a follow-up to that. How easy is it to get some sleep in the tent area before those early morning runs? I like to party all night…er…I mean…at least until 10 or 11 😂.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Ok, I have a few ladies with Lady Owned Toyotas who'd like to attend. And since I've never gone, I don't have answers for their questions. Will there be vendors? What expenses would they need to look forward to budgeting for while at the event?
I'm making sure they are aware of the TLCA membership & registration costs.