• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Cool Things I Saw Online and Now I Want

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Forgot to mention. A butane soldering iron would be a nice match for those wire holders for field repairs.
This one has served very well for years.
1705199403124.png

I see the original is NLA but this one looks the same. $13!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
The guys who installed my HVAC press fit the copper pipe rather than seating the pipe. Tool is pretty expensive, but very cool.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB6ta-IvFxI

You can also rent the tool from Sunbelt for about $100 a day. There are also manual hydraulic crimpers. I bought the PEX A Expansion tool from this company and it is a quality tool.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Man, if you're setting up your own navy you might as well add air support.

This is an ex-Jordanian air force F16A/B MLU for $8.5 million. It's not even neutered and could, in theory, be put right back in service.

I just watched a 1 min video on the start up sequence of an F-16. It's not even that hard, just switch some flips, arm the ejecto-seato, Taxi for take off.
... Just make sure to complete your handoff to Class B airspace, other wise people might get real grumpy.

I wonder how much an AIM-7M is on the internet? I'm sure we can find an auction house for that, right?

You are both wrong. F-16s are boring.

TA-4J For Sale

But this has a dumb EFIS in it. So get the single seater instead.

A-4L For Sale

All of that said.... while you're looking there.... Notice the 1959 double ugly? I sure do. THAT would be the most baller thing to fly (until an F-8 hits the civil market).

Dan

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
You are both wrong. F-16s are boring.

TA-4J For Sale

But this has a dumb EFIS in it. So get the single seater instead.

A-4L For Sale

All of that said.... while you're looking there.... Notice the 1959 double ugly? I sure do. THAT would be the most baller thing to fly (until an F-8 hits the civil market).

Dan
"1961 Douglas A-4L N207AT. All inspections and times current. Live ejection seat. Self start (No hot starts for this FNG). This A-4L has recently been flying on a military contract. Ready to go. Price $995,000. We also have other similar equipped A-4L's. Sell one or all. Serious inquiries only. Call for info."

That's a bargain! Sounds like we're well on our way to an RS airforce and Navy.
Dan is on a warpath for all things non-electromechanical... Glass cockpit? Eww.

There was a F-8 for sale back in 2018 (Some assembly required.) I couldn't find the original listing...

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Had a VW bus back in the early 70s. I want this one now.
419973127_1395408677844380_5828140832024663158_n.jpg
Please tell me that's some kind of AI monstrosity....

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Looks like he shoveled it first.