• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

CM 2021

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
So since everyone got a 12 month reprieve, are all of those projects big and small you were under the gun to finish going to be all complete ahead of time?

Probably don't need a recovery class or a packing party either since there's been plenty of time to accomplish everything in advance!

FZJ Dave

I am having the head rebuilt on my 80, and just pulled the trigger on new springs. Will probably have new shocks by 2021, and will likely have my sleeping platform done too. If we recover fast enough, I will even have new low range gears and a part time kit too!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yeah man, I got the new rig pretty much all built! Head done, all new hoses for coolant and power steering high pressure/return, new tires, brakes done, new lift, all new bushings in the suspension, new sliders, winch, front bumper with extra light... relocated spare. bunch of other rando doodads. It's ready and drives nice. I Was excited to wheel it in Utah this spring but you are right, at least it's set for next year and ready for camping season this year!!!!!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I thought mine was all set but I found a few more bugs, I should be all set for next year with a full season in it
Yeah, I am sure this full season of playing will uncover what needs to be tweaked on our new truck also, I'm excited for that.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
In the process of LM7 / L460E swap, low range gears and 2wd conversion.
Hopefully I'll have hydro assist done by next years CM
I also need to get my HAMB lic, and get my HAMB hooked up in the 80

On my DD I'm fixing my A/C. Need to replace the uniballs in my control arms, upgrade my CV's to CVJ's, install a CB, and need to figure out why my 4WD isn't working (Worked fine till the corona came).....

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
(Worked fine till the corona came).....

WHOA!!! First cats get it and now vehicles!?!?! I’m going to wrap all of my vehicles up in plastic because they for sure are susceptible!

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
WHOA!!! First cats get it and now vehicles!?!?! I’m going to wrap all of my vehicles up in plastic because they for sure are susceptible!

Just put a mask over the intake and exhaust