• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Chinaman Gulch FJ Cruiser Run

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
One more..

Attachments

• PICT0024.jpg
    PICT0024.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 652

IanB

I have a ton of pics but I'm on the east coast, Ill post them up when I get home.

Nemo

Trail Ready
Traveling this week for business, but have a bunch of photos I want to upload. Brought my camera with but I need to see how it will work with my work laptop. I had a blast this weekend playing and learning with a bunch of fun / responsible people. It is good to see everyone did finally make it down the hill. I have realized that I have done this trail some time ago in my last 96 LC no lockers and I can tell you lockers are the lazy mans dream come true. Big difference on some of these bumps in the road ;)

Hants

Rising Sun Member
It was a great trip! It was a huge group, and a little slow at times. Everyone kept a good attitude throughout. The FJ's were a hit, and seemed quite capable (even if I never saw the silver one, and only saw the blue one a couple times). Pretty impressive seeing them (near-stock) running along with rest of the built-out rigs.

Bummer about Nathaniel's axle, though. I'm glad he made it out OK (after a cold night on the mountain). It was good to see that everyone in the rear group made sure the rescue was all set up (parts, delivery, mechanical assistance, food, water, cold weather gear, rigs & drivers hanging with him to help, rigs & drivers hanging at trail-end to relay parts, etc.) before leaving the scene/trail.

I can now vouch for Slee's transfer case skidplate -- It WILL support the entire weight of an 80 :cool:

I'm not sure I could get it back on, though, if I remove it ! !:eek:

I cleaned a little of the powder coat off both virgin bumpers, and some more off the sliders, too. :thumb:

At this rate, I'll have a Beater Edition :Princess: by the end of the year :mad: :D

And the kids had a great time... grinning ear-to-ear in the morning with non-stop stores all through breakfast -- they're hooked for sure! :party:

!!:risingsun:

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Hants said:
I can now vouch for Slee's transfer case skidplate -- It WILL support the entire weight of an 80 :cool:

I'm not sure I could get it back on, though, if I remove it ! !:eek:

I can second that. I can also vouch for not being able to get off said skid plate when it is supporting the entire weight of an 80 :beer:

My older boys (ages 6 & 7) had a blast. At first they saw all the rigs and starting talking about running Old Chinaman's for their birthday parties. Then as we are heading up to the squeeze we hear "no, this is not what we are doing" as some adreneline kicked in...by the end of the day they were old pros and I've heard the question "when are we going back to Old Chinamans?" at least 20 times already.

Nay

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Kipper said:
hijack - Red_Chilli - I came across this while admiring pics of your totally sweet runner. it looks like your u-bolts are loose here? maybe thats just the way they fit around the axles on runner? :dunno:
Glad you are watching my back!
However, round U-bolts, square truss on axle underside, means air in places, snug fit in others. Some guys run square U-bolts to avoid this.
Since they are 5/8" (!!!) they have never lost torque though!

wesintl

RS Moderator

wesintl

RS Moderator
Nope.. click to the right, Trail Photos...

Attachments

• fj.GIF
    fj.GIF
    101.8 KB · Views: 452

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
From the pictures of the other events the same weekend, our run was the only event that actually featured wheeling.

But what the heck is this?

Attachments

• choppedcruiser.jpg
    choppedcruiser.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 449

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Wes :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumb:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Definatly looks like we had the best time of the 3 events :)

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
From the pictures of the other events the same weekend, our run was the only event that actually featured wheeling.

But what the heck is this?

East Coast wheeling?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Yeah - but in IL they got to drive through a culvert with some old guy sporting a really cool beard.....

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
And they named the one event a Rock Crawl? Which meant stacking rocks and putting a tire on it. Those poor FJ Drivers must be dying to wheel those things.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Wes, you must have your ID cached, because Photos->Trail Photos won't let me in without it.... :(

wesintl

RS Moderator
I don't have my ID cached here at work since I've never logged in here with my badge id. If Uncle Ben can figure it out you shouldn't have a problem :eek: ;)

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
wesintl said:
I don't have my ID cached here at work since I've never logged in here with my badge id. If Uncle Ben can figure it out you shouldn't have a problem :eek: ;)

And he thinks he impressed the VP at the company he was interviewing at :D

edit: ijust brought them up. Don't use the ID, select Rising Sun run

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Man, youse is a rough crowd!!!
I said the Veep impressed me, I can only hope part of the reverse was only vaguely true.

[edit]OK, OK, I figgered it out. I guess that puts me with Uncle Ben. Well now, if I am as dumb as Uncle Ben I'm smarter than a bunch of other folks I know...:blah: :lmao: :beer: