• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Changes forthcoming for Toyota?

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
WTF?!?!?!? After all the grief Land Rover got for their new Defender, that looks just like the vehicle above, Toyota is just going to copy it?

61F76AD3-B53D-42A1-8A0B-042F71090361.jpeg

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
toyota seems to only be following the crowd as of late. defender, jeep renegade copies.. definitely not bringing originality back to the market. and my guess well never see a solid axle under a toyota stateside again because of safety. my guess like wranglers a SA is more prone to rollovers in a collision.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
toyota seems to only be following the crowd as of late. defender, jeep renegade copies.. definitely not bringing originality back to the market. and my guess well never see a solid axle under a toyota stateside again because of safety. my guess like wranglers a SA is more prone to rollovers in a collision.
Somehow Aus gets solid axle Cruisers even though they are more of a "safety nanny state" with limits on lift heights, safety inspections etc.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I don't think it's a safety thing with SA but more of a comfort thing for NA.

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Looks a lot like the Bronco sport. No freaking thanks…

Bring the 70 series to US please!!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Eeeeeeeqwwwwww×

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
i dunno, we’re flogging the snot out of the F150s we got this year I’m pretty impressed. They’re work spec vinyl seats, V8, stand alone rear locker with lots of time chained up, pallets of stuff in the bed and they’re not complaining. Sort of like a Hliux used to do.

Last edited: