• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bring-A-Trailer Bring a Trailer highlight thread

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
how 'bout a Mega Cruiser? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-toyota-mega-cruiser-2/

1996_toyota_mega-cruiser_63ee1860-2762-4b3b-9b98-15d19cf29c17-29083.jpeg
It's already higher than it was on CaB's

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
Sold for $165k what a wild ride

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Seems like to 60 converted 80s are getting.more common

Last edited:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I actually love the 80/60
I know they’re famous
But what quality of work do they do.

Also an 80/62 may look more balanced

I don’t think I would ever spring for one without seeing it up close and very very personal with magnets and paint depth tools

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I actually love the 80/60
I know they’re famous
But what quality of work do they do.

Also an 80/62 may look more balanced

I don’t think I would ever spring for one without seeing it up close and very very personal with magnets and paint depth tools
Well, the hood and fenders are fiber glass. The were at some point changing over to use metal but I haven't read or heard anything that they have. The company has their first American show room in San Diego

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I bet a 62 front on an 80 would look good.
Or just do what @HDavis did and get the quad headlights that came on Aussie and Middle Eastern 80s and stick them on a US spec 80. Looks WAY better than the molded headlights we got here - in my opinion anyway. We happened to be driving next to each other yesterday so I saw his truck in person for the first time since he did the swap. It's really sharp looking.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Or just do what @HDavis did and get the quad headlights that came on Aussie and Middle Eastern 80s and stick them on a US spec 80. Looks WAY better than the molded headlights we got here - in my opinion anyway. We happened to be driving next to each other yesterday so I saw his truck in person for the first time since he did the swap. It's really sharp looking.
You know, that must be why I think it would look good. Because actually did it that way on some of them. :doh:

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I agree, but I am biased.
IMG_6964.JPG

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Wngrog has one of his 45 swb builds on BaT right now.

IMG_7307_0d3c89-84590-scaled.jpeg

shellb

Hard Core 4+