• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Black Bear Pass/Imogene Pass Run - 7/31-8/2

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
So, we're about a month out from this run. Thus, I'd like to start firming up who will be attending as well as identifying those that have experience running Black Bear and Imogene. Ideally, I'd like to limit the run to 10 rigs, but if we have a number of folks who wouldn't mind leading smaller groups (4-5 rigs), I'm happy to keep it open to all interested.

Stoked about this trip! :D

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Sounding off! I'm coming but I've never done either of these trails before. I have HAM and CB. LX470 on 33s.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Neither are very tough. Even for a stock Land Cruiser. It is more the exposure on Black Bear that makes it exciting. I would like to come as well. Not sure what the list is looking like. It would just be me.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Neither are very tough. Even for a stock Land Cruiser. It is more the exposure on Black Bear that makes it exciting. I would like to come as well. Not sure what the list is looking like. It would just be me.
Hey Ryan - I’ve had you on the list for awhile, so you’re good to go!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Hey Ryan - I’ve had you on the list for awhile, so you’re good to go!
Sweet! I totally forgot that this was on the calendar. I am looking forward to it. Especially since HIH was cancelled.

If you want, I can lead a group if we break into multiple groups.

MarcusW

New-ish
I've got the kitchen pass in hand and plan on being there, also have a buddy with a built FJ making the trip with me. We did Imogene last year, have not done Black Bear. I have ham and CB, no problem leading or tail gunning a group.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sweet! I totally forgot that this was on the calendar. I am looking forward to it. Especially since HIH was cancelled.

If you want, I can lead a group if we break into multiple groups.
Awesome! Thanks, Ryan!

I've got the kitchen pass in hand and plan on being there, also have a buddy with a built FJ making the trip with me. We did Imogene last year, have not done Black Bear. I have ham and CB, no problem leading or tail gunning a group.
Perfect, Marcus - thank you!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
The only one that requires a little clearance is Poughkeepsie Gulch. Even that doesn't require much and it is mainly to do the Wall. It is also possible to just use the bypass if someone wanted to run that without more clearance than stock. I would happily do a run there as well.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The only one that requires a little clearance is Poughkeepsie Gulch. Even that doesn't require much and it is mainly to do the Wall. It is also possible to just use the bypass if someone wanted to run that without more clearance than stock. I would happily do a run there as well.
Agreed. Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like most of the snow drifts on Poughkeepsie will be melted by mid-July, so we should be in good shape to run that on Sunday, in lieu of Engineer Pass.

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I'll have to back out on this one @bassguyry, my 4Runner will be at the body shop on those dates.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
So Black Bear is now officially open (as of a week or two ago, at least). (y)

Please post up this week if you're definitely in for the run!

MarcusW

New-ish
Still in + with one other driver

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I am still in. I would be open to planing for a day(or days) before or after if anyone wants to. I have a feeling some of the trails will be busy over the weekend. It would be nice to run some extra trails on the weekdays.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I am still in. I would be open to planing for a day(or days) before or after if anyone wants to. I have a feeling some of the trails will be busy over the weekend. It would be nice to run some extra trails on the weekdays.
I'd love to, but I can't get away from work until Friday and need to be back in town on Sunday.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately I am out. We are driving to WA to see family. I am gonna try and get down to the San Juans later Aug/Sept.