• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Black Bear Pass/Imogene Pass Run - 7/31-8/2

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I'm interested as these are on my list to hit. Wont know for sure till closer to the date.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Black bear isnt typically open then. Last year it didnt open until early August but usually be end of July
I don’t know, Ken - there are quite a few passes in that area that opened last week (Cinnamon, Engineer, etc.) and they’re in the process of opening Ophir. I think there’s actually a decent chance for Black Bear to be open by late June or early July. They had a ton of snow last year, and it doesn’t sound like the same is true this year. Fingers crossed...

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
End of July would work for me. I would like to add Poughkeepsie Gulch in addition to BB and Imogene if any one else would like give it a try.

Camp for sure.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Last year was an interesting year with snow and avalanche damage in the area. Here is a pic I snapped of Black Bear Pass from Imogene, and BBP was still closed as of 8/2/19.

ACtC-3fTPhYixsdQRQpGEhcRVJk_kPl3ucPmER9DkMb4lYoYhXQop6VC9ihFNuFq_b5IUz3fKqzbLBFMIEXbgBoYKdKgZDLdnwi2tCeUawMY6INfj0bv6x6fz3W524M1xSGPkHHaVjK3A68tD3aes4pWzRPJoA=w1160-h937-no

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I've updated the first post with more details/information.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We’re gettin’ there!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I would be interested, but its the same dates as the Land Cruiser Destination Club Run in Fort Collins

https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/200-series-cruisers.136/

Seems like you have more than enough interest. The club did a Ouray club run every year for over 10 years and this fell by the wayside over the last couple of years. Thanks for taking this on. One of my favorite places to be

cooziecup

New-ish
Last year was an interesting year with snow and avalanche damage in the area. Here is a pic I snapped of Black Bear Pass from Imogene, and BBP was still closed as of 8/2/19.

ACtC-3fTPhYixsdQRQpGEhcRVJk_kPl3ucPmER9DkMb4lYoYhXQop6VC9ihFNuFq_b5IUz3fKqzbLBFMIEXbgBoYKdKgZDLdnwi2tCeUawMY6INfj0bv6x6fz3W524M1xSGPkHHaVjK3A68tD3aes4pWzRPJoA=w1160-h937-no

This is an incredible photograph!

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Going to be EPIC by late July. Power of positive thinking. :)

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Hey @bassguyry, I just looked at the calendar, I think your dates are off a bit, Sept doesn't go to 31....

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry, brain fart on my part.
No worries, man! I screwed up the dates in another run post, so you would be well within your rights to challenge me on this one. ;)

MarcusW

New-ish
Sending positive vibes that BB is open then, like others said lots of snow last year, maybe not as much this year? I'm a definite maybe for this, will put it on the calendar and watch as we get closer.