American 3D Printing Cruiser Parts

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
FJ55 Glovebox door handles. Former Rising Sun member and current Horsetooth member TJ Scholand has sold about 15 of these on Mud.

Uh-oh, I better get down there to a meeting and pay my dues! I'd like that to read "current Rising Sun member". How did it get to be August already?!?

Jeff did indeed make up two batches of these for me and the Iron Pig community has been enthusiastic about them!

Thanks Jeff...

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Uh-oh, I better get down there to a meeting and pay my dues! I'd like that to read "current Rising Sun member". How did it get to be August already?!?

Jeff did indeed make up two batches of these for me and the Iron Pig community has been enthusiastic about them!

Thanks Jeff...

Of course you can always come to the Rally on the 23rd, or if you don't want to make the drive we take Paypal or you could mail a check. Renewing members don't have to go through the voting stuff or the secret handshake...;)

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
The Rally sounds good! Barring any major disruptions I'll be there w/ a dues check.

I'll bring my original fixed window rubber for you to take a look at as well. If you can replicate the OEM, it will save some headaches. It is nice that there is currently an option, but it is not perfect. :-(

rover67

Rising Sun Member
If ya want me to try and model something let me know.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Jeff,
When working on the seats we found a plug in one if the headrest holes.

Doing some research I found that in 76 headrests were an option and if you didn't get them the slots were plugged...
So...
I wonder if this is something that could be made?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/did-the-76-fj40-have-head-rests.481172/page-2

plug2.jpg

plug1.jpg

It's kind of rubbery...I dont know..I just think it would be cool.
Maybe I can bring it in and see what you think.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Jeff,
When working on the seats we found a plug in one if the headrest holes.

Doing some research I found that in 76 headrests were an option and if you didn't get them the slots were plugged...
So...
I wonder if this is something that could be made?

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/did-the-76-fj40-have-head-rests.481172/page-2

View attachment 38211

View attachment 38212

It's kind of rubbery...I dont know..I just think it would be cool.
Maybe I can bring it in and see what you think.

Of course we can make that :cheers:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
How about 40 dash control knobs with different names on them like "AC Pull" in place of Fresh Pull and one that's says "Heat Pull"

Might have a few others as I have a blank spot and two switches ( Fan and Choke) that are no longer used. Maybe AUX Lights, AIR, R- Diff and F-Diff

That should cover all the things I can think of. Guess I should go see if the switches Knobs screw on the same as the pull knobs

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Can't believe I missed this before. How about other OEM style switch covers? Something where we could go pull a switch from the yard, pull the cover, and have a FR diff lock or Compressor switch using a stock unit?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
How about 40 dash control knobs with different names on them like "AC Pull" in place of Fresh Pull and one that's says "Heat Pull"

Might have a few others as I have a blank spot and two switches ( Fan and Choke) that are no longer used. Maybe AUX Lights, AIR, R- Diff and F-Diff

That should cover all the things I can think of. Guess I should go see if the switches Knobs screw on the same as the pull knobs

That's pretty easy. All we need are the dimensions and requested labels.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Can't believe I missed this before. How about other OEM style switch covers? Something where we could go pull a switch from the yard, pull the cover, and have a FR diff lock or Compressor switch using a stock unit?

Hi Isaac,

Send me an existing object like TJ did with his broken glovebox door handle, and we can measure it and make a 3D model of it, then customize it in whatever way you wish. Then we can fabricate it in 3D printing.

Alternatively, send me your 3D model and we'll build it in whatever material or color you want.

Definition: A 3D model is a computer file that defines a 3D object - *.STL is the universal language of 3D printing, but if you design it in Solidworks or any number of other 3D CAD programs we can easily work with that also.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Awesome Jeff!! I'll have to go grab a switch from a junk yard, but I have the perfect couple of switch places that would be AWESOME to have custom!

60wag

Rising Sun Member
That is very cool. It helps that the timing is with gears rather than a chain.

Have you printed a chain yet?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Okay, above I tried using the Youtube button on the editing bar and it appears blank to me, so here;s the link:
FIFY - look at the code view and you will see how to do it.

...so if anyone wants, I can build this for you:

What would a model like that cost? I could see that being very useful for the education of teenagers interested in the inner workings of an engine.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
FIFY - look at the code view and you will see how to do it.

Is code view a button in this vBulletin forum, or something in Youtube? I tried copying and pasting both the Youtube URL, and subsequently the "embedded" html that Youtube offers into the Youtube brackets in vBulletin, neither worked here.

What would a model like that cost? I could see that being very useful for the education of teenagers interested in the inner workings of an engine.

If someone was seriously interested I could work up a quote. Based on experience a shoot from the hip guesstimate would be many hundreds of dollars. More than a hundred, less than a thousand.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Is code view a button in this vBulletin forum, or something in Youtube? I tried copying and pasting both the Youtube URL, and subsequently the "embedded" html that Youtube offers into the Youtube brackets in vBulletin, neither worked here.

Just click on the "edit" button on that post and you can see how it's done.

It should look like this:
Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 1.04.38 PM.png