Advice or a possible Press

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Yeah, he was great, and he also did me good on the price. 230 for complete retube of both shafts, and balanced.

Ran it on the road last night, and definetly have the gear chatter that was mentioned. However, Its only noticeable with the radio off, windows up, and above 40 mph. I NEVER drive without the radio, so I'm pretty happy.

Drivelines are both smooth at 75.

And its pretty neat to climb up light posts in parking lots!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey, if you want to take a look at what I ended up with on the Chili for a center console, give a gander sometime. It turned out to be the easiest center console solution (my driveline is 3"+ forward, so there were not as many options for me). It is my third design, so I suppose I worked the bugs out. :D

Plasma rules when cutting sheet steel, you are welcome to come over if you need.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Bill!

I'm actually going to try to build one using the tricks that the tuner kids use to build sub boxes.

However, if that doesn't work out, I'll be over to see your stuff for sure.

Heres an example. Obviously, mine would be different.

100_0041.jpg

100_0044.jpg

100_0052.jpg

100_0058.jpg

100_0087.jpg

100_0100.jpg

101_0110.jpg

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Holy cow, that's slick.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Aparantly not hard either. Just takes patience and sanding.

Essentially, you build the frame, then stretch fabric (usually felt) over it. Staple down the felt. Coat it in fiberglass resin, then fiber glass. Sand until your desired texture is achieved.

Mostly done for custom trunk sub enclosures for show cars.