9th Annual Father's Day Run

C

crn808

Hello all, New to the forum.
I would like to make the trip with you all, I am also looking for a club and some fellow yota fans! Is there trailer parking up there?

Thanks

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Welcome. The parking area at the trailhead is small and limited. People do park trailers there. You could do that if you got there early. You could also find an open parking spot near the burger King in Downieville\I70- to park, which is about a mile from the trailhead. Most people, including us will be coming back down either in Georgetown or near Idaho Springs. Much of the trail is a narrow one lane shelf road so coming back down on a busy Sunday would be problematic.

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
What time is everyone going to be at the trailhead? Since it's the next exit up from me, I'll just meet everyone there.........8:30 or so?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
What time is everyone going to be at the trailhead? Since it's the next exit up from me, I'll just meet everyone there.........8:30 or so?

Hey CJ - look forward to running with you again. We are planning to leave the Mcdonalds at the Evergreen Parkway exit at 8:30 am. Then we have to air down near the trailhead. So I'll let you do the math on the timing.

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Look forward to wheeling with everybody again. Haven't had the rig out in awhile....Hope to do the Argentine Clean Up later this month.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Hello all, New to the forum.
I would like to make the trip with you all, I am also looking for a club and some fellow yota fans! Is there trailer parking up there?

Thanks

Hi crn808,

What's your name?

As Scott mentioned we will probably head out from the El Rancho exit of I-70 around 8:30ish, which normally puts us at the trailhead around 9 or so.

A trailer may be problematic as it is not a loop trail. We will either come out at I-70 in Georgetown or on CO 103 near Chicago Creek which leads to I-70 at Idaho Springs. So if you do trailer, you will need to be capable of and legal for highway driving. Happy cruisin'!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hi father's day runners,

I am out after all.

I mentioned I was in but after was able to get in Rubithon.

Have a great run and a great father's day.
\

The Rubicon will be incredible. Enjoy, and we will catch you on the next run.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Show of hands? So far, from this thread, PMs and phone calls, I have:

Scott Yoder
Bill Morgan
CJ Bowen
Leif Snapp-cook
Bob Gassert
PPFJ60 (name?)
Marco Capote
crn808 (name?)

Anyone else?

Happy cruisin'!

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Put me down as a maybe.

Bruce

I will be there, with the 100. I got the sliders installed today. I am still trying to decide if I should take the brushgaurd off the front. Do you think it will hinder me more than protect me?

Attachments

• DSC_0161.JPG
    DSC_0161.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 156

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Sheba, If you'd like I have a seat open in the 60.

See everybody in the Morn.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I will be there, with the 100. I got the sliders installed today. I am still trying to decide if I should take the brushgaurd off the front. Do you think it will hinder me more than protect me?

You know that they call those "damage multipliers," don't you? IMO, I'd remove it.

On the plus side, Spring Creek is not a trail that is super tight with lots of trees, so it will probably be just fine.

Rock Garden in a 100 series? Please take pics. :D

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
See ya'll at the trailhead....................

I do now. Thanks Matt. "Damage Multiplier" GONE!

You know that they call those "damage multipliers," don't you? IMO, I'd remove it.

On the plus side, Spring Creek is not a trail that is super tight with lots of trees, so it will probably be just fine.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member

It won't make a difference one way or the other. But I got a look at those tires...not sure which is worse, street tires or my worn out M/Ts! Either way you should be fine.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but we had a 100 up there and it did just fine. IIRC it had sliders and OME 50mm and yokohamas, a little scraping here and there, but heck, that's what it's all about!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You guys have fun. If I wasn't leaving for Rubithon Monday morning, I'd be there!