2802 W Mansfield Ave
Englewood, CO 80110

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Down in Englewood.

2802 W Mansfield Ave
Englewood, CO 80110

That is the one that I went to. Wonder why I get the rollers and you didn't. Maybe you dressed sexier?

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Makes me Jelly! Not to high jack the thread but I have thought about it for a long time on whether I should run 37s or just stay with my 35s. I bought a set of 17 inch rims with tire from an 06 Sequoia owner. I planned on just using them as my rollers for emissions but I have been really tempted to throw on a set of 37s and the use my stock wheels as my new rollers.

Tempting, tempting, tempting! :unsure:
Mo inches
Mo problems

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Mo inches
Mo problems
That's NOT what she said..
Nah! 37's are the new 35, and have been for the last 15ish years. I think 39's will be my next size tire. (y)

Last edited:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
took it back yesterday. reset the ecu, threw in two bottles of Heet, and passed. Not sure if the Heet made a difference, but I'm good for two more years.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Heet is ethanol and ethanol burns cleaner than gas and contains less carbon. For reference I was failing with my Miata blowing over 350 gpm of co2 on the test using 91 octane. I then switched to E85 and my co2 dropped to 302 gpm.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
"Snake oil is a euphemism for deceptive marketing and health care fraud. It refers to the petroleum-based mineral oil or "snake oil" that used to be sold as a cure-all elixir for many kinds of physiological problems."

C.F.: Solution

Solution: 1. a means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation. "there are no easy solutions to financial and marital problems";
the correct answer to a puzzle. "the solution to this month's crossword"; products or services designed to meet a particular need. "we are an Internet marketing firm specializing in e-commerce solutions"

Glad you passed. I hope it works for me this week!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
My :twocents::

My FIL took his RX350 in at the beginning of June and all they did was plug in the OBDII and test the gas cap. My wife's 2009 Yaris was due and I took it in on Friday June 5th. My usual Golden station was COVID closed and had a sign saying to go to the Arvada station, which I did. Attendant at the entrance asked what year and I replied 2009 and she pointed me to a line to get in to. It was 45 minutes before I even got up to the station, but all they did was what they did for my FIL, plug in the OBDII and test the gas cap, $25 later and I was on my way. They never even got into the car or touched anything but the gas cap, they had me open the door so they didn't have to, so basically they were trying not to touch anything.

Since my FJ60 had failed twice last year I figured now is the time to get it tested! I had done a few things to it, but I figured with no OBDII all they might do was test the gas cap and do a quick visual. Boy was I wrong. Monday June 8 I took it down to the same Arvada station, attendant asked what year and then pointed me to a line. As I sat. And sat. And sat. I could see they were doing treadmill to the cars in my line. Other lines were doing the OBDII thing and one line was doing sniffer. Interesting, none of the sniffer vehicles were older than 1981....they were all light trucks, delivery vans and stuff. Anyway, after an hour or so had passed and I had only moved up by 2 vehicles, I asked the attendant why she put me in the slowest line. She said it was because of my year. At this point I could see that the whole thing was COMPLETELY ARBITRARY and the rubes working there couldn't give a rats ass about ANYTHING. I saw old vehicles in the new vehicle lanes just getting visuals. I saw newer vehicles getting treadmilled. And I saw newer vehicles just getting sniffer. I asked the guy at the sniffer station why they were doing newer vehicles and he said that heavy trucks over 8500 pounds can't go on the treadmill. When I pointed out the F250 that had just gotten tested he characterized it as "heavy duty". Never mind the Chevy 2500 (same exact rating as an F250) that went through a treadmill test right next to me.

Anyway, bottom line is I PASSED:woot:, it took AN HOUR AND 55 MINUTES :rant:from the time I got there to the time I left. It was absolutely ridiculous. OBTW, they never looked under the hood for smog pump and they never looked underneath for the cat. I have now applied for collector plates (it is over 32 years old) so I don't have to go through this ordeal every 2 years.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I'll be going next week. Will report back!
Reporting back. Easy pass in Golden. No line either. GF's new 2004GX470 passed too and all they did was the OBDII plug (maybe gas cap, I did not watch, but no rollers).

Mine is a 1993 with 329,000. The guy who checked me in liked it. Asked a few Cruiserhead type questions. Prep: recent oil change, 1/2 tank gas, 1 bottle heet, 40PSI tires (33's) and emissions gas cap.

Untitled.jpg

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I’m surprised Sheridan wouldn’t test it. Sheridan was the only place I could find last time that would test on my 35s. The guy there even new to take the OD off and push the power button near the shifter!