97 LX450 - Failed Emissions, No CEL

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Don't think that is true as I have 35's and passed at Dacono. In fact I think that is why they passed me without being on rollers. I saw 4 different techs from going so many times and none of them sent me away for having 35's.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Interesting. Maybe I will just drive up there and see what happens.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
oh, just checked their site. Dacono is closed right now as part of their COVID closures.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :gaah::gaah::gaah::scold::scold::scold:

Did you read all the threads here? 1/2 tank fresh gas, 2 cans heet, oil change, emisions gas cap, dacono. Why :dunno: must everyone make this so stinking complicated. :comp:

Oh, wow, gees...for a second there, I thought I was over at a different online forum, where the most common response to an honest question is "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, IDIOT"...

;):LOL::bolt:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Oh, wow, gees...for a second there, I thought I was over at a different online forum, where the most common response to an honest question is "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, IDIOT"...
;):LOL::bolt:

:risingsun Not like I said :banghead::banghead: :brick: :puppykisses:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Air Care website says both Dacono and Golden are closed. Anyone ever use Stapleton or County line? My closest, Arvada, always is trouble for me.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Sheridan is where I failed.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Littleton is closed. @damon, they put you on rollers at Sheridan?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I am a bit confused why some cars get the rollers and others don't.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
They asked for my year and whether I had a check engine light, and didn't do a drive test. Maybe since my Corolla is newer (09) it didn't need a drive.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
They asked for my year and whether I had a check engine light, and didn't do a drive test. Maybe since my Corolla is newer (09) it didn't need a drive.

Maybe on cars that are less than some years old they don't need to roll it?

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Don't think that is true as I have 35's and passed at Dacono. In fact I think that is why they passed me without being on rollers. I saw 4 different techs from going so many times and none of them sent me away for having 35's.

Your one of the lucky ones who has tested at the Dacono station with 35s and not been turned away immediately. The only time I have been able to test at the Dacono is when I have a set of rollers on.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I am a bit confused why some cars get the rollers and others don't.

Technically you dont have to put a 95 or newer vehicle on rollers because they are OBDII systems as opposed to 94 and older being OBDI systems. On 94 and older you cant simply plug into the on board diagnostic system and pull engine codes. That's why a lot of guys who run 35 or larger tires on a 95 or new Land cruiser can pass emissions no problem some times.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Technically you dont have to put a 95 or newer vehicle on rollers because they are OBDII systems as opposed to 94 and older being OBDI systems. On 94 and older you cant simply plug into the on board diagnostic system and pull engine codes. That's why a lot of guys who run 35 or larger tires on a 95 or new Land cruiser can pass emissions no problem some times.

I would have thought that, but the last two times I have taken my 97 in, they have rolled it.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Try asking them to just plug it in? What size tires are you running? 315s? I have read on MUD that guys have tested just by simply plugging it in without rolling.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
That’s how they did mine. Took it on 37’s. They plugged it in and gave me a pass.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
That’s how they did mine. Took it on 37’s. They plugged it in and gave me a pass.

Makes me Jelly! Not to high jack the thread but I have thought about it for a long time on whether I should run 37s or just stay with my 35s. I bought a set of 17 inch rims with tire from an 06 Sequoia owner. I planned on just using them as my rollers for emissions but I have been really tempted to throw on a set of 37s and the use my stock wheels as my new rollers.

Tempting, tempting, tempting! :unsure:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee