3rd Annual Ghost Town Run - 2007

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
How will my 3-year-old boy do on the mine tour? Will he be scared or bored?

I think it is short enough not to bore anyone, but neat enough to be cool. It is well lit, and with a big group it should be far from scary.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I was not able to make the meeting so I will pay you at the event for Tish and I.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

I will need everyone to either bring a check made out to me fro their total or cash works too. I will take the checks and/or cash and pay one time with my visa, so we can minimize problems at the ticket window.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
The train and mine tour sounds like fun, but my son told me yesterday he'd rather stay up on Argentine and take a nap. So we're out for the train, someone else can have our slots if needed, or just cancel them. We'll be at the geocut on Saturday morning to lead everyone up to Argentine though.

Is it 145.340 that covers the whole I-70 corridor? We can probably firm that up this evening on geek chat, talk to you then.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Does that mean some folks will be camping Friday night? We might want to do this.

sno bored

Trail Ready
Does that mean some folks will be camping Friday night? We might want to do this.

Nathaniel told me he is coming up Thurdsay night to get some camping spots before it gets too busy. I think he is planning on camping out Thurs, Fri, and Sat. You should check with him to make sure.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah I think the "cool kids" are going up early to camp... :rolleyes: I volunteered to see that everyone makes it up on Saturday AM, since I'll be driving up then with the rest of my fellow lame-os.. :)

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
Is it 145.340 that covers the whole I-70 corridor? We can probably firm that up this evening on geek chat, talk to you then.

145.310 (PL 123.0) is the Colo. Conn. machine. 310 coves up to G-town. 146.790 (PL 123.0) in Breck can be used but has a shadow to the southeast. 145.445 (PL 123.0) on Mosquito can fill in if you can't get Breck. All are inter connected.

BPMOU

Pardon me if I missed it in a previous post, is there away to meet up with the group on Sunday morning? I have to work on Sat night, but I might bring my Dad out if this is a possibility.

Nathaniel -

Just so you know, Tish and I need to cut out after the train ride and mine tour. We now need to be back in town Saturday late afternoon.

Jack

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
I'll be there friday night one way or another.... Still looking for a ride for the rest of the weekend:beer: :beer: .

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Nathaniel told me he is coming up Thurdsay night to get some camping spots before it gets too busy. I think he is planning on camping out Thurs, Fri, and Sat. You should check with him to make sure.
I am heading up on thursday night after work to try and secure as many 'first-come, firt-served' camping spots for the group. This may be at Lake Dillon in the Lowry or Prospector CG's, or at Green Mtn Res(a few miles north of silverthorne)at a few CG's there.

Yeah I think the "cool kids" are going up early to camp... :rolleyes: I volunteered to see that everyone makes it up on Saturday AM, since I'll be driving up then with the rest of my fellow lame-os.. :)

Tim, I thought you worked for a living? :lmao:

Anyone who wants to can meet me up there from thrusday night on. Staying in a hotel in Silverthorne is cool, too.

I found out when I went up to scope the area a couple weeks ago that this situation of no reservable camping spots so early in the season(I tried to reserve spots before Moab) is directly related to the two largest campgrounds in the Lake Dillon area, Heaton Bay and Peak One, being shut down completely for pine-beetle mitigation and not as of yet re-opening. Combined those two campgrounds have over 150 campsites that are unavailable. Heaton Bay was supposed to open early this month, but as of late last week the ranger station said they will not commit to anything.

The tenative schedule has us leaving the Morrison exit off I-70 at 7:30am. We will ne to be able to get to Waldorf and back down(argentine pass) to silver plume by 12:30 to make our train departure. That puts us back in silver plume around 3:30pm. Then it is on to the campground. Sunday morning will have us at Montezuma around 10am. We will be going up around Montezuma to visit Saints John and Wild Irishman, before heading back down to go home over Boreas Pass, stopping at the water tank and pass for some neat stuff. When we head down from Montezuma(around lunchtime or just after), if folks wish they may then take I-70 back home, skipping Boreas Pass.
Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok so I'll see whomever wants to meet at the "geocut" on I-70 on Saturday am, probably go for the NE corner, since the west side is so chewed up with all the construction. Will be on good ol' #4 on the citizen band, and 145.310 for 2m types.

Looking forward to a little wheeling, then some :beer: and :camping: and :beer: and maybe one more :drink:

what's for dinner on Saturday, anyway?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hmmm. Go camping Friday night, drink a few beers, build a campfire, sleep a little later on Saturday morning...

- or -

Go buy the new Harry Potter book at 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning. :D

I must say, option one is very appealing. And I think there is a Borders bookstore in Dillon if I really need my Harry Potter fix.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Looking forward to a little wheeling, then some :beer: and :camping: and :beer: and maybe one more :drink:

what's for dinner on Saturday, anyway?

The idea of a potluck dinner is still a "go".
I will be bringing the grill, a two burner stove, burgers and brats.

We need volunteers for the following:
Buns--hamburger and hot dog(24-28 of each)SNOBORED
Potato salad(2-3 tubs)JETHRO
Macaroni salad(2-3 tubs)
Baked beans(1 BIG can or 3-4 small cans)NAKMAN
Chips (probably 2 people bringing 2 bags each)1. NAKMAN 2. BH4RNNR
Salad(pasta and/or green)Green:HULK Pasta: ?
desserts(at least two people bringing something to feed 8)
If I can score a second ARB freezer-fridge, I will also bring ice cream.

We just need to plan to bring enough to feed 20-25 people.

I will be PM-ing folks on my list of attendees to post up what they would be willing to bring, so post up what you are bringing asap.

Bring your own :beer: :drink:

Last edited:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Hmmm. Go camping Friday night, drink a few beers, build a campfire, sleep a little later on Saturday morning...

- or -

Go buy the new Harry Potter book at 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning. :D

I must say, option one is very appealing. And I think there is a Borders bookstore in Dillon if I really need my Harry Potter fix.

We can always make a covert-op to the dillon Borders to get your Harry Potter. Paintballs anyone?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok I'm good for the beans, one big can. And some chips.

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
I can't make the run but plan on camping near Dillon Friday night on my way to Sylvan Lake.
I'll keep my eyes open for the group and stop by for a beer or 2 .... so if somebody sees a white 80 with a canoe on the roof, come and say hi.