3rd Annual Ghost Town Run - 2007

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Update

I'm planning a saturday pre-run to determine best route, times and excitement along the way. This trip is designed to be more expeditionary than hardcore wheeling, so bring your gear, fridge, tent and dog to enjoy.

Camping--We will be trying to camp very near/on the shore of lake Dillon so folks can rest their feet in the water while enjoying their favorite frosty beverage saturday night. We also are thinking about a potluck style dinner if we can get everyone close enough to make it fun.

Georgetown Loop train stuff--The price of the train trip with a mine tour is $26.75 for adults and $19.75 for children (ages 15 and under). For those just wanting the train ride it is $18.75 for adults; $14.25 for children (15 and under); ages 2 and under are complementary (when sitting on an adult's lap).
If you don't want to ride the train at all, you will be free to explore Georgetown on your own. The train ride and mine tour are a little over 2 hours. (Yours truly is working part time on the Loop as an engineer, and I will try to get a good group rate if I can. )

Country Boy Mine--Cost is:
Adults $17.95 Children $12.95 (4-12)
Includes gold panning. Children 3 and under are free. Again, those who don't choose to participate in the mine tour are welcome to explore Breckenridge on their own. The mine tour only lasts 45 minutes.

It is coming close to GO time, so we'll keep you posted.

I want to do it but the 40 is in pieces do you guys think I can do It in my Frontier It has 33's on it but it is open front and rear.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
If possible, looking for an open seat. Will help out with gas or whatever else. Can't wait for the run:cool: :beer: .

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Crunch time

I would like to see a show of hands of folks who are interested in going on this. The reason for this is two-fold. One, I am trying to get us rediculously discounted tickets to the Georgetown Loop railroad and Lebanon Mine tour(not the Country Boy Mine) and I need a close headcount.

The second is that camping is not abundant in the area. I went up last saturday and checked out the 3 USFS campgrounds near Lake Dillon(Windy Point group CG, Prospector CG, Lowry CG) and they were booked solid for the GTR weekend. The other two CG's that accept reservations, Heaton Bay CG and Peak One CG, are both closed due to pine beetle removal. There are plenty of first-come, first served sites, these will probably be far and few between. There is also another option I am exploring that would be free and easily accessable, just no pit toilets or water spigots. That is why I need the count.

Please post up if you plan on going. (Those who already posted, thank you, no need to post again.)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Scheduled start time

Saturday morning, we will leave from what we call the "Geo-Cut" exit off of I-70 (AKA exit #259/Morrison). We will begin to stage at 7am, and leave by 7:30am.

2M 146.460 MhZ
CB 4

Plan for tent camping overnight. Bring water, food, cool weather clothes, rain gear, toilet paper and any Camping stuff you need.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm planning on going. Myself and maybe my wife, Kim.

:thumb:

I will be there with 2 buddies in a silver frontier

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Nakman family is in for whatever. see you then!

Jethro

I'm coming

Nathaniel-
I'm coming and I'm trying to talk two kids into coming so I won't be all alone in that big 80.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
The Whites are planning to be there, too. :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Plan for tent camping overnight. Bring water, food, cool weather clothes, rain gear, toilet paper and any Camping stuff you need.

Reservations needed? Or is this primitive camping?

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
No reservations possible, all booked up...

I went up last saturday and checked out the 3 USFS campgrounds near Lake Dillon(Windy Point group CG, Prospector CG, Lowry CG) and they were booked solid for the GTR weekend.

These are the only ones in the area that take reservations. So, no reservations can be made. We will have to wing it like the first GTR. Kevin(sno bored) is helping me with picking the right campground to head to Saturday. I would suggest planning for primitive camping. If someone wished, they could always go for a hotel in Silverthorne, Breckenridge or Keystone and meet up with us in the AM on Sunday.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Train Tickets

I just got off of the phone with the reservations manager for the Georgetown Loop railroad. I made us reservations for 25 people for the 12:45pm train and Lebanon Mine tour. We also got a group discount. It wasn't much, but better than nuthin. Anyone who is planning on doing the train thing--can I get a check for your tickets at the meeting? I will be putting some $$$ on my credit card so if I can have anyones ticket $$$ now that would be great.

Adults:$23.75
Kids(ages3-15):$16.75
Kids under 3 are free.

By my count we have 26 folks going that said they were going(counting you too lexusben). I am able to adjust the number up-- until a week from today(7-10), and down--until the night before the run. If anyone does not want to do the train ride/mine tour, speak up NOW so I can tell them to sell the tickets to someone else. Thanks.

After next Tuesday, anyone who shows up for the run might be outta luck for the train ride/mine tour in G-Town. A better itinerary will be handed out to those who are interested on wednesday's meeting.

Campground situation is looking good, just unable to reserve.

Post up any questions now.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Just edited, check it out

read my last post again.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'll bring my checkbook tomorrow night. How will my 3-year-old boy do on the mine tour? Will he be scared or bored?