3rd Annual Ghost Town Run - 2007

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Time to plan for the Ghost Town Run! :party:

The 3rd annual Ghost Town Run will be held July 21-22nd this year.

This is a great run for whomever is interested in taking a scenic trip over some historic mountain passes, investigate historical places along the way and camp overnight! Families and dogs are welcome.:) Camping is usually plenty and inexpensive. :camping:

The route is TBD, but don't worry, It'll be a great one!

wesintl

RS Moderator
3 great summer wheeling trips. Mark you calendar now. Ours is! :thumb:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
So instaed of the mine museum in Leadville, how about a stop at a mine that has a tour? Those are kind of neat.

sno bored

Trail Ready
Country Boy mine in Breckenridge has tours. It's a couple of miles down the street from me. I don't know anything about the tours though.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
The mine just SW of Idaho Springs is fun. Working mine too.

R

Rainen

I am there. Can't wait. Ready to see all the snow melted and get back into the high country.

gwhipp

Any news as to where the Ghost Town Trip is going to be? Once the route is determined, I will do some research at school and find out about the old mines on the route. I have to put this Mining Engineering degree to use. =)

I am looking forward to it!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Any news as to where the Ghost Town Trip is going to be? Once the route is determined, I will do some research at school and find out about the old mines on the route. I have to put this Mining Engineering degree to use. =)

I am looking forward to it!

Nathaniel and I will soon have the trip planned out. I'll make sure to get some firewood, for old times sake:hill: , oh and welcome.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Ghost Town Run *UPDATE*

After that announcement last night of this trail run being "not one to miss", here are more of the details for the 3rd annual GTR.

Saturday morning, go up to visit the Waldorf/Argentine pass area. The reasons for this are two fold:
1. it has some mine/historical stuff up there, and
2. it is our clubs trail for volunteer cleanup.

After visiting that area, the group will go down to Georgetown to ride the Georgetown Loop railroad (http://www.georgetownlooprr.com/) to include the Lebanon Mine tour.

After the railroad, we head over loveland pass toward Keystone/Breckenridge. We will visit the towns of Montezuma, St Johns, Wild Irishman and Rexford.

We will visit the Country Boy Mine tour in Breckenridge (http://www.countryboymine.com/) and maybe take a small side trip to a few historical places in and or around Breck. The side trip might be a short walk.

Camping will be in/around Breckenridge.

We will head home over Boreas Pass to HWY 285. Boreas has quite a few interesting things to stop and look at, as well as a visitors center at the pass.

Timeline will be worked out by Perry and myself as time progresses(translation: after Moab) and we will post details as soon as they are ready. Should be a fun time for all! Hope to see everybody there.

sno bored

Trail Ready
Nathaniel, There really isn't any camping in Breckenridge. There is Tiger Run RV park, which is just parking spots for RV's. There are areas on national forest where you can "camp", but no water, outhouses, ect. There are a few campgrounds around Lake Dillon which seem nice, but I have never camped there. If there is anything I can do to help out up here, let me know. Kevin

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Is there any wheeling besides Argentine pass on this trip?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Is there any wheeling besides Argentine pass on this trip?

Yes, looking at some other options for saturday afternoon and Sunday:beer: .

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Nathaniel, There really isn't any camping in Breckenridge. There is Tiger Run RV park, which is just parking spots for RV's. There are areas on national forest where you can "camp", but no water, outhouses, ect. There are a few campgrounds around Lake Dillon which seem nice, but I have never camped there. If there is anything I can do to help out up here, let me know. Kevin

Could throw in a little wheeling and camp at Wheeler Lake.(?)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Any updates you ghostowners?

wesintl

RS Moderator
dang nabit I'll be at rehoboth beach eating boardwalk fries and blue crab :D

Last edited:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
dangit...got the bandimere truckfest with the raffle rig that weekend :(