• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2022 Rally- The come back year

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Hey Everyone. This event has been one of my truly favorite events over the years and really fulfills my love for car shows and swap meets Toyota style. I would like to volunteer to help organize this and can even take the lead but need some help as I live in Summit and have limited time. Post up if you can help and if someone that has worked on organizing in the more recent years can share an outline of planning events and contacts for the space that would be awesome. Lets do it this year!

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Count me in to help. Iam local to Denver and with enough notice can make the time to help where needed. I also have a background in design and can take on any graphic design work that is needed.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
I've got some docs & such from 2018. I'll see if I can attach here. For starters, site request form.

Attachments

• Rising Sun Rally request for lot fomrAfter Hours or Non-county Use.docx
    54.2 KB · Views: 157

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I was the last to organize the event. I can give you all of the details on what we did and who we used.

Insurance will actually be submitted on TLCA forum and will come to me for approval. This should be hard at all as we have streamlined the process.

Here is what needs to happen before than, you need to get this on the clubs agenda by getting approval of the funds for the event. I would post up in the member only section of the forum and get this on the angenda for the next club meeting so that can get approved.

We usually have trail runs that are part of the run, which actually needs to be addressed by the club. As far ad TLCA sees this, it’s considered a wheels on dirt event and will cost more for insurance. If you decide not to have a official club run with this, than it’s a show and shine with wheeling will rise the cost of insurance. Until next year that makes this insurance more expensive as it’s what I fell under when I took the job over, this will change next year.

Once you have the funds and a date approved, you need to probably schedule with Mike to get the trailer down to the event and back up to his place for storage.

The above details should really be handled on the members only part of the forum.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Depending on dates we'd love to attend as vendors. Good luck!

Last edited:

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
While I won’t make a rally this year I will say I always enjoyed the event in the past. If you get the word out beyond the club I would expect it to be a good opportunity to gain membership if that becomes a focus of the event. And as mentioned in the other thread, educational activities are a great idea. Maybe a camp cook off event?

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Ok all I will get the ball rolling and be in touch with people that want to help or vend. Thanks for offering Paul!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
We usually have trail runs that are part of the run

In years past I have historically led a Bill Moore run on the Sunday following the Rally, and will commit to that again this year. Looking forward to this year's Rally!

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Hey All-

Looks like insurance will cost significantly more if we have an organized trail run with the event this year. We could always do something informal or vote to spend the extra money for the organized trail run. Please chime in.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey All-

Looks like insurance will cost significantly more if we have an organized trail run with the event this year. We could always do something informal or vote to spend the extra money for the organized trail run. Please chime in.
Yeah, I budgeted for the no organized trail runs level of insurance. We will let the people do as they see fit. :)

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
August 27th or September 10th. I have posted up some more info in the members only forum.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Seems like Sept. 10 works better for many (including me).

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I can do either but 9/10 would be my preference. One year when I was running the Rally we had it on the 27th - my birthday - and my wife wasn't too happy about that. Honestly, I can think of few things I'd rather be doing on my birthday though!

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
I'm the person that usually transports the club trailer to Cruise Moab and the rally, except this year due to F350 breakdowns needs help if the trailer and awnings are wanted at the rally. I wish to go on the Ross Miller hosted triple by-pass that weekend. Need someone with a big enough truck to pick up the awnings that are currently in the back of my other F350 and move the trailer. I can help load them if pick up before me leaving Friday before the rally. 100series or Tundra or bigger. The awnings need to be put back in the club trailer after the rally.

Burt88

Trail Ready
I wanna be there 9/10 and I'll bring coffee. And probably reveal my new line of canvas products. Steve, contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.